#85 - Ryan McDonagh - #27 TAMPA BAY LIGHTNING: Part One

"Don't you see it?" I shouted loudly my hands balling into fists as I tried to control my anger. Ryan stood in front of me, his demeanour the same as mine.

"See what Freya?" He shouted back.

"You're never home, you never spend time with me anymore. You expect me to love you when you're out doing God knows what with God knows who! I can't do this anymore Ryan, I'm sick of all this shit. You expect me to put up with it, I can't. I'm finished." I told calming my anger down, I took a deep intake of breath while I waited for Ryan's answer.

"OK." He said.

"OK? OK. Fine then since it's OK with you, I'll leave." I laughed sarcastically walking to our room. I pushed the door open and headed for the wardrobe, taking a suitcase out I began to fill it with my clothes. Ryan followed me around like a lost puppy, he stood behind me as I threw my clothes in the case.

"I didn't mean it like that." Ryan protested from behind me.

"Then why did you say it?" I asked zipping the case closed once it was filled with all my belongings.

"I dunno." He said following me to the door of the apartment.

"Great. Good bye Ryan." I told opening the door, I grabbed my keys from the bowl and walked out. Ryan stood at the door watching as I walked down to my car, I opened the boot and shoved my case inside before slamming it closed.

"Don't go." Ryan shouted, I sighed and looked up to him.

"I'm sorry." He apologized.

"You should have said that before." I sighed opening my car door and got in. I stared at him as I started my car up, tears brimming at his eyes and so to mine. I reversed out, not looking back as I drove down the street.

3 months later;

"Freya will you please get up?" My friend Evelyn asked standing over my bed, I looked up to her and blinked a few times.

"No." I said turning away from her.

"You're twenty six years old, stop acting like a teenage girl who got her heart broken by a stupid boy." Evelyn sighed sitting down on the bed, I still had my back turned to her.

"I did get my heart broken and I caused my heart to be broken." I cried turning to Evelyn, she opened her arms for me and hugged her.

"Oh honey don't do this to yourself." Evelyn cooed rubbing my back as I sobbed hard into her shoulder.

"But I love him so much and I'm having his child." I sobbed clinging to her body. Evelyn stopped moving her hand and pulled me out to face her, her eyes moving over my body.

"Say that again?" She said holding my shoulders.

I gasped and replied. "I'm in love with him. And I'm pregnant."

"Freya!" Evelyn cried.

"What!" I asked looked at her worriedly.

"You've been trying for ages, you're finally pregnant!" She smiled grasping me into a huge hug.

"I know and my child won't have a father because of my stupidity." I gasped as I started to cry again.

"Have you tried speaking to him?" Evelyn said. I shook my head.

"Freya call him and tell him! He has to know you're having a baby and it's his." Evelyn told.

"But I'm scared." I mumbled not looking her in the eyes.

Evelyn sighed and looked at me behind speaking truthfully. "Honey get your shit together, call him." She handed me my phone, I held it in my hand before looking up to her.

"I'll leave you in peace, call him." And with that Evelyn stood up and walked out of the room. I looked down at my phone and pulled up Ryan's number, I held my finger over the call button as I hesitated to call him. Finally I hit call.

"Hello?" He asked, his voice deep and raspy. Hearing his voice for the first time in three months made my heart skip a beat.

"Hi." I spoke my voice small and quiet.

"Freya, is that you?" Ryan asked.

"Uh yeah." I said chewing at the hem of my jumper.

"What are you doing calling me?" He wondered his tone of voice sounding angry, I cringed at the sound of it.

"Can we meet up and talk? Please?"

"Why?"

"Because I need to tell you something."

"Can't you do it over the phone?"

"No, it needs to be done face to face."

"Fine, half hour at The Coffee Club." He hung up after that.

"Evelyn!" I shouted, in seconds she came running in.

"What?" She exclaimed jumping onto my bed.

"I need help to get dressed."

Half an hour later;

I walked around the corner and saw him sitting there, his leg crossed over the other and he held a coffee in his hand. I walked over slowly to him, he looked up from his phone and stared as I sat down in front of him.

"Hi." I mumbled.

"I ordered you a coffee." He simply said taking a drink of his.

"Thank you." I said giving him a small smile, he gave a forced smile.

"So what do you want to take about?" He asked wanting this to be over with, I gave a sigh and watched him.

"I'm uh, I'm pregnant and it's yours." I told looking to my hands. What made me look up was the scraping of the metal chair against the hard ground, my heart sunk as I watched Ryan walk away from me with his back turned. He never looked back as he walked away.

A/N: There will be a part two!

My_Hockey_life101 I know that this isn't what you wanted exactly but I hope you enjoyed it, don't worry the ending will be happy! And I should have the next part updated soon.

-Lauryn