#78 - Leon Draisaitl - #29 Edmonton Oilers

In Cologne, Germany the streets buzzed with life as Saturday morning began. I had never seen a city so lively at the start of the morning, in Vancouver it was rare to see someone out at 6 am in the morning on a Saturday but here everyone was awake and going about their lives at the crack of dawn. I had taken up set in a small cafe at the corner of a busy street, it over looked the river Rhine that flows through the city.

I sat my notebook on the table beside a lovely hot steaming cup of tea and of course a franzbrötchen, the smell made my mouth water with delight. I gently brought the hot cup of tea up to my lips and took a sip of it before placing it back down on the little plate, the quaint cafe making me feel right a home. I opened my notebook and began to scribble scenarios that came to thought, I was unaware of the tall German who sat at the table beside me who kept trying to get my attention.

"Entschuldigung.(Excuse me.)" He said taping my shoulder, I looked up from my book and stared at him.

"Darf ich den Zucker ausleihen?(Can I borrow the sugar?)" He asked pointing to the sugar that sat in the middle of the table I sat at.

"You need the sugar?" I asked, only understanding what he said when he pointed at the sugar, he nodded.

"You don't speak German?" The guy asked as I handed him the packets of sugar.

"Only a little." I said smiling to him.

"You're American?" He wondered pouring a packet or two of sugar into his drink.

"Canadian." I laughed as I corrected him.

"Ah Canada, I should have known." He smiled shaking his head.

"What is a Canadian doing in Germany?" He asked taking a sip of his drink.

"That's for me to know and you to find out." I laughed smiling to him. I stared at the male in front of me, his hair hidden behind a black toque but a few strands of his dark hair peaks out of the hat, his grey - blue eyes stared back into mine as a smile plays a his lips.

"Leon." He said referring to his name.

"Y/N." I told grinning at Leon, he smiled back.

"Do you mind?" He asked gesturing to the chair beside me.

"Oh no, go ahead." I nodded. Leon stood up with his drink and sat it beside mine before bringing his belongings as well, he sat beside me and crossed one of his legs over the other.

"Do you like living here?" Leon asked as he settled beside me.

"I do, it's a very pretty city." I nodded taking a sip of my tea.

Leon sighed. "It is, I miss it whenever I'm away."

"You work abroad?" I wondered.

"Kinda, I play professional hockey in Edmonton." Leon told, a smile at his lips.

"Oilers?" I questioned.

Leon smiled and nodded. "Yes."

I scrunched my face up.

"You don't like the Oilers?" Leon asked looking sadder now.

"Canucks fan born and raised." I told giving a shrug.

"Ah I see, you despise us." Leon laughed.

"Not despise, just learnt to hate them whenever they play Vancouver," I giggled.

"And I don't hate the players." I added at the end making Leon laugh.

"Nice to know." He nodded.

We talked for hours, sitting there in that little cafe that over looked the Rhine. When it came to the end Leon asked me to join him the next morning for a walk throughout the city, I agreed.

A/N: It's my birthday today🎉 and I'm at school, not fun😡 but I very grateful for my family because my birthday presents were a Blackhawks jerseys and two New York Islanders hats, I was so shocked and I still am.

Someone requested this a while ago and I cannot remember who, so whoever requested this I hope you enjoyed it! I know it's horrible!

Also I hope the German is correct, I am learning German in school so I thought it would have been a good idea to in corporate what I've learnt into this.

I know I have said this a lot but I would appreciate it if you guys could check out my Dylan Larkin, Blind Love, story.

-Lauryn.