#147 - Brendan Gallagher - #11 Montreal Canadiens

25th June - 6 years ago. 

I stood facing the doors that would soon open and from there I would walk up the aisle to the love of my life, to whom I would marry and become Mrs. Gallagher. I wiggled my legs as my nerves began to get the better of me, my father came to my side and held my arm in his.

"I can't believe I am going to be giving my beautiful baby girl away and soon she'll be a woman and not need her ol' man anymore." My dad chuckled, though I heard the sadness in his voice and his eyes glisten with tears.

"Don't worry, I'll be round every Sunday like I always am." I smiled giving his shoulder a nudge. He chuckled and tapped my hand that rested against his arm. 

"Good, Sunday's are our day." He said before taking a deep breath once the wedding march started and the doors opened. I felt my nerves get worse and I looked down the aisle to see Brendan standing there with Alex, Nathan, and Nolan by his side. Alex nudged Brendan and he turned around, when our eyes connected a huge grin spread across his face and tears filled his eyes like mine did. My dad looked at me for the go ahead and we finally made the journey down the aisle where I would soon leave as Mrs. Brendan Gallagher. 

As we reached the top Brendan came closer and waited for me at the bottom of the steps, my dad and I halted beside him and waited for the priest to start talking.

"Who gives this woman away to be married to this man?"

"I do and her mother from heaven." My father spoke as tears trickled down his face. I bit my lip to stop myself from crying, I leaned over and pressed my lips on my fathers cheeks before allowing Brendan to take my hand and lead us up towards the priest.

"You look very beautiful." Brendan commented when we stood facing each other with our hands connected.

"You look very handsome as well." I chuckled feeling a tear slip from my eye. 

"Ladies and gentleman, we are gathered here today to celebrate the love that these two people have for each other..."

_ _ _ _ _ 

6 years later:

"Brendan, can you come help with this box? I can't lift it as Gally baby number four does not want to let me do anything today." I groaned standing up and pressed my hand on the lower of my back as my bloated stomach felt like it was about to explode. 

"Yes, coming sweetheart." Brendan called from the top of the stairs and soon he came running down the stairs with Gally baby number one and two following him.

"Mummy, my room is huge!" Alexis, our six year old daughter, exclaimed coming beside me. 

"Mine too, mummy!" Oliver, our five year old son, announced grabbing my hand into his. 

"That's great, where's Bre?" I asked looking around for the third Gally baby.

"She's already playing with her toys." Brendan told coming up behind me and pressed his lips against my cheek. 

"Eww." Two of our children exclaimed and covered their eyes. Brendan and I laughed at their reactions. 

"Where does this box go?" Brendan asked bending down and lifted the box that I struggled with. 

"Our room, I'm not sure what's in it. We should take a look later." I said following him up the stairs to our new bedroom with the other two Gallagher's trailing behind us. I peaked my head into the room facing the bedroom and saw Breanna playing with her dolls, she looked up and waved at me before going back to her dolls. I chuckled when Alexis and Oliver entered and joined her, the three of them played together while I headed back into the bedroom with Brendan. He looked up from the box and smiled at me.