#174 - Kasperi Kapanen - #24 Toronto Maple Leafs

I never expected from the moment my eyes first glanced at him that I would ever become his wife. He was a cocky, know it all ice hockey player who thought of nothing but himself, and I was the quiet twin sister of the star hockey player Auston Matthews who outshined me immensely. So how did the cocky athlete steal the heart of the quiet reserved girl?

It is a question I ask to myself again and again as days pass by, no matter how many days and months go by Kasperi and I are still together and fall deeply in love with one another. And here I stand today looking at myself in the mirror, a beautiful white dress hugs my body, and the wonders of how Kasperi was able to capture and win my heart fill my thoughts.

A small smile makes its way onto my lips as I remember the day we met.

I walk silently behind my brother as the tour guide shows him, and the rest of the family, around the Air Canada Centre where he will be playing in a few weeks' time. My eyes glide across the pictures and portraits of past Maple Leaf players and their achievements for the team, and then my eyes land on my brother who is the next rising NHL superstar and the future of the Toronto Maple Leafs. But to me he is just my brother, the male who was born just a few minutes before I was.

Once the tour guide had finished showing us around, he brought us out to ice level where the team are currently training. My eyes wonder around the empty seats and they land on the lone figure who sits at the very top, a hood over his head to cover his face but his eyes can be seen focused on the ice below. I hadn't realized my eyes were still on him until his own met mine, a small smirk formed at his lips and a twinkle of mischief floats in his eyes when we made eye contact. I quickly glance away from him and look at my brother, Auston stands talking with a few of the coaches while my parents talk amongst themselves.

I take the opportunity to look back up to the male sat in stands, my eyes widen when I see the seat empty and instantly begin to believe I had imagined seeing him. Nobody else paid any attention to him, who was he? And why was he sat up there alone? Maybe I'm dreaming this, did I dream that I saw somebody sitting up there?

"Maybe ask him yourself." A voice says from behind me. I jump at hearing the voice come from nowhere, my head turns to see the male from the seat standing behind me.

"I uh, why did you say that?" I ask quickly and turning around to hide my flaming red cheeks in embarrassment. Damn, I should probably watch what I think about him if I have already said something out loud about him and he heard!

"You said all that aloud, do you do that often? If so, it's very cute." He wonders moving in front of me and leaned his shoulder against the wall. He brought his hand up to his head and lowered the hood, my breath catches in my throat at the sight of the male in front of me. He is handsome, really handsome. He has dark hair, hazel eyes, and plump red lips. I feel my cheeks blush red as his eyes lower against my own lips, a smirk playing to his lips.

"Well you were very suspicious up there all alone, you had your hood up." I mutter looking away from him as his gaze became too heavy to bear.

"Ah." He says nodding his head at my words. "I'm currently on the injured list and while I wish I was on the ice with the team, I've been summoned to sit and watch the training, so I don't miss anything when I come back in a few weeks."

"You play for the team?" I question looking back to him and he nods again.

"I've never seen you here before, are you a fan wanting to meet the team? Or are you a girlfriend or something to a team member? I can always take a photo with you and that'll be the only photo you'll want to have." The player in front of me inquires leaning closer to me, his eyes are focusing solely on me like he is interrogating me or trying to suss me out.