#86: ARTEMI PANARIN - #10 NEW YORK RANGERS

"When will you arrive?" Patrick asked me over the phone.

I looked down and checked the time on my watch. "Planes about to leave. Two hours I guess."

"Great, you'll be here after practice. I'll come pick you up from the airport with Artem." Patrick told.

"Patrick." I heard the soft Russian accent come through on Patrick's end of the call. I smiled at hearing his voice but then I realized, if he hears me or knows I'm talking to Patrick the whole surprise is ruined.

"Yes?" Patrick replied.

"Who you calling?" Artemi asked.

"My mom, wants to know if I'm coming home soon." Patrick lied perfectly.

"Tell Mrs. Kane I say hello." Artemi said.

"Will do. Shit that was close." Patrick sighed.

"Yeah it was, does he know I'm coming?" I asked over the phone. Today is the day of Artemi's 25th birthday and Patrick thought it would be a good idea to surprise him. Chicago are on their longest road trip of the season and unfortunately they're in New York tonight, I told him that I couldn't come to spend the day with him but when Patrick called telling me he's upset I knew I had to come.

"Clueless as a clueless Russian. He's been cranky and moody all morning, could be because you aren't here. He misses you." Patrick told me, my heart sank a little at the thought of him being sad on his birthday. Hopefully my surprise appearance and cheer him up.

"I miss him too, only a few hours until I see him." I smiled at the thought of seeing him for the first time in a week.

"He's going to be so happy." Patrick said.

"I bet, I'm already jumping in my seat." I laughed.

"Better get going, practice is calling. I'll meet you when you plane lands. See you." Patrick told before bidding me a goodbye and hung up. I turned my phone off and put it in my pocket, I sat back in the chair and smiled as I began to think about Artemi.

The plane landed in New York on time and I met Patrick and Artem in the arrival area, they both hugged me and said hello once I walked over to them.

"I'm surprised you left without him following you." I giggled walking out of the airport. Patrick hailed for a cab while Artem carried my bag.

We arrived at the hotel at 11 am, Patrick snuck me up to his hotel room and left me there to go get Artemi, I sat on the bed and twiddled my thumbs until I heard the Russian accent coming down the hall with Patrick.

"She no called, she don't wish me happy birthday?" Artemi asked in a sad voice, my heart sunk as I remembered I hadn't wished him a happy birthday. I heard Patrick open the door and my heart began to sped up, I heard the footsteps and shown he came into view.

"Y/N you here?" Artemi asked in disbelief, I smiled and stood up from the bed.

"I shall leave you alone, no funny business in here." Patrick told pointing his finger to me and Artemi, Patrick left us alone.

"Happy birthday!" I grinned rushing over to him, I wrapped my arms around his body and pulled him in for a hug.

"I thought you forgot, you no called." He said sadly, I gripped on him tight.

"I wanted to surprise you, that's why." I told pulling back from him, he kept his hand in mine as I stood only a foot away from him.

"You surprised me, best birthday ever." Artemi grinned widely.

"I'm glad." I told kissing his cheek gently.

Artemi pouted. "No kiss on lips? My birthday."

"Of course." I giggled pressing my lips on his, Artemi giggled into the kiss.

"What?" I asked breaking the kiss.

"I love you." He smiled giving me a huge bear hug.

"I love you too." I told wrapping my arms around his waist, I lent my head against his chest and listened to his beating heart.

"Best birthday ever." Artemi nodded.

A/N: I believe this is the best photo that exists of Artemi! I just had to use it.

-Lauryn