#108 - Jim Craig - 1980's Olympics; Team America

"Good luck, I will see you after the game." I grinned standing on the tips of my feet and pressed my lips against Jim's cheek, he wrapped his arm over my shoulder and engulfed me into one of his giant bear hugs.

"I love you." He cooed swaying us back and forth.

"I love you too, now go before Herb get's mad at you for being late." I said patting Jim's chest, he pouted and finally unraveled his arms from my body. 

"See you later baby." Jim called as he grabbed his gear bag and left the room. I let out a sigh of relief and walked over to my suitcase, I got down onto my knees and rummaged through it to find the wrapped box. My hands grasped around the box and I brought it out, a smile made its way onto my lips when I sat the box on the floor. I crossed my legs and leaned forward, I opened the box and the mini USA jersey still placed neatly inside with the test sitting on top of it.

"Oh I hope he is as happy as I am." I spoke aloud to myself as I placed the lid back on top of the present for Jim. 

_ _ _ _ _ 

I sat in the stands with the rest of the American fans, my knee bouncing like crazy as the clock ticked down to the final few seconds the third period, the Americans leading the Soviet Union by a goal. I clapped and cheered along as the buzzer went to signal the end of the period, I stood up and hugged my friend next to me. I felt the tears in my eyes as I watched Jim being attacked by the boys, they had beaten the unbeatable team. 

I grabbed my bag that contained Jim's surprise and headed down onto the ice like the rest of the fans were doing, I found Jimmy surrounded by fans and when my eyes connected with his a giant smile formed on both our faces. He skated over towards me and wrapped his arms around me, he pulled me in tight against his chest. 

"You smell." I giggled pushing myself away from his armpit.

"I did just play two and half hours of hockey there, thank you for that comment." Jim laughed keeping his arm over my shoulder.

"Congratulations are in order Mr. Craig." I grinned pushing myself onto my tiptoes to kiss Jim on his cheek but being the sneaky person he is, he turned his head and my lips connected with his.

"You played so well, I'm really proud of you." I told patting his arm, Jim smiled down at me and pressed his lips against my forehead. 

"Well I had to, I had to impress my girl." He smiled. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Jack skating around cheering and shouting with his arm over Robbie, I smiled at the sight of two boys who had hated each other now are good friends.

"Let me go congratulate O.C quickly." I told Jim, he nodded and went off to find his father while I headed over in Jack's direction. 

"Y/N! We won." He shouted when he saw me, I grinned and nodded. 

"You guys played so well." I said giving Jack a hug.

"You told him yet?" Jack asked nodding in Jim's direction, I turned around and smiled when I saw him taking to his father. 

"Not yet, I'm going to do it now." I told turning back to Jack, he nodded and followed me over to were Jim stood.

"Hey Jimmy, can I speak with you?" I asked coming over to him, he gave me a slight nod and followed me to an area of the rink that wasn't too crowded.

"What is it baby?" He wondered, I smiled and took my bag of my back. I dug my hand into the bag and pulled out the present, I looked up to Jim and handed it to him. He took it reluctantly and opened it slowly, I chewed on my lip as I awaited his reaction. Jim pulled the lid off and his eyebrows knitted together as he wondered in confusion, it was when he lifted the test up did his reaction change. 

"Are you serious?" He breathed looking up at with me teary eyes, I gave a nod.

"Oh my god." He mumbled putting the test back in the box and pulled out the jersey, I took the box off him as he held the jersey in the air. Jim turned it around and gasped when he read the back of it, 'Baby #1', his eyes began to water up even more.

"I'm going to be a dad." Jim said aloud looking at me with teary eyes, I nodded and smiled as he put the jersey back in the box and then engulfed me into one of his giant hugs.

_ _ _ _ _ 

Nine months later, Jim and I sat in the hospital with a baby boy born only two hours ago wrapped in a white blanket between us. Jim had his arm slung loosely over my shoulder and his free arm over my arm that secured our baby boy close to us, I had tears in my eyes as I looked down at the little one in mine and Jim's arms. 

"What should we call this little one?" Jim whispered lowly as the baby slept in our arms.

"J.J. James John Craig?" I suggested looking up to Jim with a smile on my lips. 

"I like it, J.J." He nodded at my suggestion. 

"That's good, I didn't have a backup name." I admitted looking back to J.J in my arms.

"I love you Y/N, I want to thank you for giving me this chance of having a family of my own." Jim told running his hand up and down my arm, I smiled and looked back to him. 

"I love you too Jim, and I want to thank you for giving me the chance to have a family with someone who I love dearly." I replied which made Jim smile wider, he leaned forward and pressed his lips against mine. Our hand locked together as they both secured our new born baby close to us. 

A/N: NHLgirl22 I hope this was OK for you. 

-Lauryn.