#64: MAX DOMI - #13 MONTREAL CANADIENS

Max and I walk through the pet shop, our hands entwined together. For a while I have been wanting to get a pet in our house so when Max leaves, I am not alone and have somebody there with me to keep me company when he is away.

I see a bunch of puppies in a pen in front of us, I gasp and head towards it leaving Max behind to catch up.

"Have you ever seen anything so beautiful?" I gush out at the puppies inside the pen. My hands reach down into the pen and lift out a beautiful husky puppy.

"Yes and I see her everyday." Max tells wrapping his arms around my waist, his chin rests on shoulder as I cuddle the husky close to my chest.

"Cheesy, Domi." I laugh turning my head to Max and press my lips against his cheek.

"Can we get him please?" I ask holding the puppy close to Max's face.

"You know we can't get him." Max sighs unraveling his arms from my waist. I sigh in defeat and move back towards the puppy pen.

"Why not, Max? I am home almost every day, so it isn't like they aren't going to be looked after." I argue setting the puppy back down into his pen and turn to look at Max.

"I know that, but what happens when I go away on a long road trip and you have to go away for university? What if you decide to come with me to away games? Who's going to look after the dog then?" Max defends his argument and starts to walk away from the pen.

"We can work all that out when it comes to it." I suggest giving a slight lift of my shoulder. Max lets out a soft sigh and turns to face me.

"Sometime in the future yes we can get a pet, but right now it's not the greatest idea." Max tells sincerely and places his hand gently on my shoulder. I nod in sadness at his answer and walk out of the pet store, Max following behind me. We say nothing as we get into our car and it is a quiet ride back from the pet store, not one of us talking. I am sad and annoyed that we can't get the puppy and Max is angry at himself for arguing with me. Most of our pet related conversations always end like this.

Soon Max pulls up to the car park of our apartment block, I let a sigh leave me as I climb out of the car. I turn back to see Max sitting in the car looking at his phone, I walk back at and open the car door.

"Aren't you getting out?" I ask looking to Max.

"I'll be right back, Oliver messaged he needs my help." Max tells before starting the car up again and drives out of the parking spot. I stand in shock as I watch Max drive out of our street. I sigh and shake my head as I walk into the house and head straight towards our room, taking off my clothes and dressed in a pair of sweats and one of Max's old t-shirts.

It is hours later when Max returns home, I had passed out on the couch after watching TV shows.

"Hey babe, I'm home. Sorry for taking so long." Max shouts as he walks into our apartment. I jump up wide awake, slightly scared as Max slams the door closed.

"In here." I yawn stretching my tired limbs out to wake them. Max walks into the living room with a box in hand as he sits beside me on the couch.

"What's that?" I ask pointing to the box.

"A surprise, you can open it." He smiles setting the box on my knee, I look up to him and raise an eyebrow.

"Go on." He says encouragingly. I hesitantly open the box and gasp in shock. Inside the box is the puppy from the pet shop this morning, I reach in and grab him out before turning to Max.

"Max, I thought you said that we couldn't." I gasp looking at the puppy in my hands in disbelief.

"I know I said, but you seemed so happy with him and then when I said we couldn't get one, I hurt you. And I'm sorry I said it, but I realized that you wouldn't give up on this little guy. Even if it went to the extreme of taking him on holiday with us." Max laughs. I set the puppy down on the ground and grab Max into a huge hug.

"Thank you so much." I whisper hugging Max like my life depends on it.

"He doesn't have a name yet, what should we call him?" Max asks as I let go off him from the hug. Max bends down and lifts the husky up into his arms.

"Oreo." I smile stroking the black and grey fur of the husky.

"Oreo it is." Max nods. I laugh and cuddle into Max's chest as Oreo lies on his knee.