#82 - Cam Atkinson - #13 Columbus Blue Jackets

"I'm sorry so I can't make tonight's date." I croaked, my voice barely above whisper level. 

"Don't be Y/N, we all get sick." Cam said sounding disappointed.

I gave a loud chesty cough before answering Cam, "I know but it was our first date, I feel horrible canceling."

"Y/N we can always reschedule, it's not that hard." Cam told giving a little laugh. I sniffled and wiped my nose with a tissue, I coughed loud once again.

"OK, we can go out whenever I'm not a walking germ machine." I sniffed, Cam laughed at that.

We talked for many minutes after that before I hung up. I felt bad that I had to cancel our date but whenever you ball of snot you definitely don't want to be near human beings.

I curled up in a ball on the sofa, a blanket around me and tub of ice cream on my lap. I had Family Guy on in the background as I watched highlights of the Blue Jackets recent game on my phone. A smile appeared on my lips as I watched Cam score a beezer of a goal, he faked and sniped and of course the puck found the back of the net.

The doorbell rang and I gave a groan, pausing the highlights on my phone I got up and headed to the door with my blanket over my shoulders. I hauled the door opened and on the other side stood Cam holding a bag in one hand and a bunch of flowers in the other. He smiled when I opened the door and held the stuff in his hands up when my attention went to them, I gave a chuckle.

"What are you doing here?" I asked opening my door to let him come in. Cam stood in and took his shoes off before following me into my living room, we sat down on the sofa.

"Well you couldn't come to the date so I brought the date here." He told setting the bag between us.

"And for you." Cam added handing the flowers to me.

"Thank you." I croaked, bringing the flowers to my nose and tried to smell them. Even though no scent came through my stuffy nose, I imagined they smelt good.

"No worries, I do hope I haven't intruded." Cam laughed looking to his hands, I moved over and set the flower on the coffee table.

"No no, I was feeling bored so it's nice to have some company." I shrugged sitting back against the sofa.

"That's good." Cam nodded.

"So Mr. Atkinson, what is this date going to consist of?" I asked. As Cam was about to answer I held my hand up and sneezed loudly, I groaned and looked back up to him.

"Good thing I brought tissues." Cam laughed bringing a box of tissues out of the bag along with cold medicine. I thanked him and opened the tissues before blowing my nose, not the most appealing thing to do on your first date.

"This is probably the grossest date you've ever been on." I said giving a hoarse laugh at the end which turned into a coughing fit. Cam looked in horror as I coughed my lungs out, when I had finished he gave me a soft concerning smile.

"Let's get this date started shall we?" Cam asked scooting over beside me, he opened his arms up for me to cuddle against him.

"No, I don't want you to get sick." I protested shaking my head at him.

Cam laughed. "You know, if you don't want to hug me just say so."

"I do, I just don't want you getting sick because of me." I shrugged.

Cam put his hand on my arm and gave me a smile.

"I want to spend time with you and if it means me getting sick, it's worth it." He told. 

"Sweet." I chuckled hoarsely.

"Now let's get this date started, I got your favourite sweets and DVD to watch." Cam smiled emptying the bag out on the coffee table, I smiled as he got up and put the DVD in the player before returning back to me and wrapped his arm over my shoulders.

Our date went perfect, though Cam did get sick a few days after it.

A/N: Horrible ending! But it will be fixed don't worry!

I hate this time of the year cause I always get sick and I currently am so that sucks.

Anyways, see you guys with the next update!

-Lauryn.