#76: ANDRE BURAKOVSKY - #95 COLORADO AVALANCHE

Andre sighs once again and leans his head against the cold wooden floor of our house, his legs are up in the air and his arms are out beside him. I walk past him and stare at him, mostly in shock, but I also feel sorry for my boyfriend. The Washington Capitals are out of the Stanley Cup playoffs beaten once again by their archrivals Penguins, and Andre has never been so bored in his life. Yesterday he started to learn how to cook and nearly burnt the house down, the other day he started to learn how to play the guitar and it's now out in the garbage somewhere broken in millions of pieces.

I turn my head to the side and give him a smile that he can see is a pity smile, Andre smiles back but it is forced and I can see through the fakeness of it. I hate seeing him like this.

"What you doing?" I ask walking over to him. He shrugs in his answer and looks up to the ceiling again. I sigh and get onto the floor beside him, I lie down with my legs in the other direction of his.

"I got this new book the other day, want to read it? I think you would like it." I say turning my head to look at him. Andre gives his head a simple shake. Nothing seems to please him now, it is like his life has been sucked out of him when the Capitals lost once again to the Penguins. I know I shouldn't push him, but I need my boyfriend back. I need my lovable, childish, joking boyfriend who can make a smile come onto his lips with the simplest of things. The frown nor the sad look on his face suits him, I wish there is something I can do to help him.

"What do you want for dinner?" I ask rolling on to my side and rest on head on the palm of my hand. Andre shrugs in his answer again and still keeps his eyes on the ceiling.

"Would you like to go for a walk, clear you head? It is much better than sitting inside for ages." I wonder and push myself up into a sitting position. Andre shrugs his shoulders once again and I feel my eyes form with tears.

"Andre, can you please tell me what I can do to help you? Because I hate seeing you like this and you know I want to help, but you keep pushing me away every time I try to help you. I don't want you seeing me as a bad person, I only want to help you because I miss you." I tell as tears roll down my cheeks. Andre keeps his eyes on the ceiling above us, he says nothing nor does he look at me as I stand up and leave the living room. I climb the stairs to our room and slam the bedroom door closed in anger, I know he has heard it. I sit at the desk in the room and try to concentrate on my university work, I try my best to ignore the slamming of the front door when Andre leaves, but the tears roll down my cheeks as I know I have messed up with him.

It is hours later and I still find myself trying to concentrate on my work, and yet it doesn't seem to be working. Knowing that Andre is out there somewhere in the state that is in, worries me too much that everything else is pushed away from my thoughts.

I sigh and put my laptop away, there is no use in trying to work when nothing is happening. I pull on a warm jumper that belongs to Andre and a pair sweat pants before making my way down stairs and out the door. I stop in my tracks as I see Andre sitting on the porch, his knees up against his chest and his attention on the sunset in the horizon. He looks up as I sit beside him, his eyes are filled with so much pain.

"Hey." I say softly copying his sitting position. We sit in silence as the sunset sets in front of us, our bodies glowing with the orange rays of the sun that beams against us as it is close to disappearing until tomorrow morning. The sun goes down, the birds stop tweeting and Andre finally speaks out his first few words in a while.

"I'm sorry." He whispers in a broken voice.

"Don't be." I tell leaning my head against his shoulder and keep my gaze out in front of me. 

"I am, I've been horrible towards you for weeks." Andre says turning his attention to me and I see his eyes are still filled with pain.

"Maybe a little bit." I half laugh and pinch my fingers close together. Andre's lips twitch at that and one side of his lips rise into a half smile. It is better than nothing.

"And I let you down." Andre sighs, looking away from me again and his face turns stone cold again.

"You haven't let me down." I tell looking at him now. Andre shrugs at that and keeps his gaze on the horizon, like he is too afraid to look at me.

"I told you I would win the Cup for you and I've let you down, I'm a horrible player and an even horrible boyfriend." Andre tells shaking his head at the thoughts that are running through his mind.

"Look at me." I say firmly moving away from Andre. I cross my legs and wait until he turns to look at me. He hesitantly moves to face me, he crosses his legs and looks down at his hands on his lap. He still can't look at me. 

"You listen to me, Andre Burakovsky. You are not a horrible hockey player nor are you a horrible boyfriend. These accusations are far from the truth, and you know that. Just because you lost doesn't mean you can't play hockey, it is a team effort and your team didn't show up when they were needed. You play hockey and it makes you happy, one wrong playoff series doesn't mean you can't play hockey. And never say you are a horrible boyfriend ever again, you are far from that. You love me and that's all I care about, I don't care that you are gone a lot or that we hardly ever see each other. I love you Andre because you do what you love, you love hockey and you wouldn't give it up for anything at all. I just wish you could see that I am trying to help you get through this hard period in your life. I love you and will drop anything the second you ask for it, please let me help you."

Andre stares at me with no emotion in his eyes and then suddenly, he lets a tear fall from his eyes which results in him crying uncontrollably. I reach over to him and hug him as he cries away whatever he is feeling, his head in the crook of my neck as his body rocks violently as he sobs against me.

"You're amazing and I love you far too much." I whisper, feeling my eyes well up with tears at the sight of my heartbroken boyfriend. 

"What did I ever do to deserve you?" Andre asks looking at me, his beautiful brown eyes now filled with tears. 

"You are yourself, that's all I ask for." I smile leaning forward and kiss his forehead.

"I should be doing this to you, taking care of you and everything." Andre says giving a little laugh at the thought.

"Oh well, my boyfriend needs my loving attention and I shall give it." I tell wiping away the tears on his cheeks. Andre looks to me and lets a small smile make its way onto his lips, this one isn't forced and I know that one day we will get back to the old Andre.

A/N: Someone requested this ages ago and I cannot remember who it was! I hope whoever requested it enjoys it! 

-Lauryn.