#43: DYLAN LARKIN - #71 DETROIT RED WINGS: PART ONE

Dylan's PoV:

Being a hockey player means waking up at unholy hours of the morning, and today's wake up call is 5 am.

Way to early to function.

I need coffee.

And lots of it.

I rub my tired eyes as I enter a small coffee shop at six in the morning. The aroma of coffee and muffins fill my senses when I walk in. I lick my lips and close the door to small shop. Looking around I notice there aren't many people in the shop. The majority are business men in suits with brief cases, but in the corner of the shop, doing no harm to anyone, is a girl sat in the back of the shop.

To say the least, as soon as my eyes wash across her face my body tingles with a sensation I have never felt before. The way the sun beams against her face makes a heavenly glow around her, she keeps a smile on her face as she looks out the window of the shop. She seems not to notice anyone around her, like she is in a world of her own.

I walk up to the counter and order myself a coffee. While I wait for my order I keep sneaking glances at the girl, she has not moved from the spot where she sits, her attention still looking out the window.

Once I am given my order, I hesitantly walk over to the table, still in awe by the beauty of her. I clear my throat and smile awkwardly as she looks up to me, her eyes seem to move about quickly, but they never seem to stay focus on.

"Can I help you?" She asked and I watch her carefully.

"Um, may I sit with you? All the seats are being used and there is no where else to sit." I said, knowing fine rightly that the shop has many empty places to sit.

"Yes, of course. I didn't know it would be so busy this morning, let me move my bag for you." She nodded lifting her hands off her drink and moved her bag. I smile at her in thanks and I sat on the chair beside her.

"You just gave a smile, didn't you?" She asked her lips curling into a smile, like she has an inside joke that nobody but herself knows. I gave a nod and took a sip from my coffee.

"And you just nodded your head." She laughed shaking her head. I set my drink down beside hers.

"Yeah, didn't you see?" I asked looking at her curiously. She looks down at her hands and bit her lip.

"Um no, I didn't. I um, I can't see, anything, nothing at all. I'm blind." She shrugged looking back up to me, her beautiful eyes glistening with tears. Instantly my heart dropped and regret filled my whole body, I shouldn't have said that so quickly.

"I'm so sorry, I didn't realize that. I'm stupid, I shouldn't have opened my big mouth." I usher out quickly.

"Don't, most people don't realize either until I tell them. It's all good." She said smiling a little. It made my heart flutter at the sight of it.

"I made a beautiful girl cry, I should be sorry." I said grabbing her hand.

"You called me beautiful, thank you." She told grinning ear to ear. Her smile making my lips curl into the biggest smile I've ever done.

"I did and it's true." I smile letting go of her hand, but the feeling of her hand in mine lingers.

"I wouldn't know. For all I know I could have a pretzel in my hair." She shrugged laughing at what she said.

"If you did, I'm sure you'd still look cute." I spoke, a smile never leaving my lips as we continue to talk.

"Are you flirting with me?" She asked rising an eyebrow.

"Maybe." I said, giving my shoulders a little shrug.

"Well, Mr. Flirty. I'm Y/N, nice to meet you." She chuckled extending her arm out in front of her.

"Dylan." I smile shaking her hand.

"Hmm, I pegged you more of a James when heard your voice." She told feeling around for her drink. I moved my hand on top of hers and directed it towards her cup.

"Thank you." Y/N acknowledged, giving me a smile. I gave a little nod, but stopped when I realized she couldn't see it.

"It's no problem." I smiled keeping my hand in hers.

_ _ _ _ _

After talking for over an hour with Y/N, it is finally time to leave or I will be extremely late to a morning practice.

"I must go." I said sadly and gave a sigh. Y/N looked up and gave a little nod.

"It was nice meeting you." She told gathering up her belongings.

"And you too, I would like to get to know you more." I smile standing up and helped her up.

"You would?" Y/N asked a little hopefulness in her voice and it made me smile at her.

"Yeah, you're pretty awesome." I chuckle walking out of the shop with Y/N, she has her arms wrapped around mine as we walked out.

"Here, since you think I'm pretty awesome." Y/N smiles, digging into her pocket and brought out a little piece of paper.

"My number." She shrugged and handed me a piece of paper with little dots on it. Below the little dots are tiny numbers, her phone number.

"I'll give you a call." I told smiling, Y/N smiled too before walking down the street with her cane in front of her. The smile lingering on my lips while I watched her.

A/N; What do you guys think? I kinda like this one but I also don't like it, oh how my mind works. Should I do a part 2 of this imagine?

-Lauryn.