#139 - Anders Lee - #27 New York Islanders

"Ands." I mumbled nudging the sleeping figure next to me. He grunted and turned his body away from me, soon his snores filled the room again.

"Anders." I said this time a little louder. Anders didn't budge as I nudged him harder this time. 

"Anders Mark Lee, will you wake the bloody hell up!" I shouted bringing my pillow out from underneath me. As I sung the pillow Anders sat up and got a mouth full of pillow, I gasped and let it drop which fell onto his lap. 

"Well that was a lovely thing to wake up to." He muttered in annoyance at me. I gave a sheepish smile and a shrug as I climbed out of bed. 

"We are going to be late and you weren't waking up so that was my only option, besides throwing water over you." I said popping my head out of the en suite to see Anders looking at me from the bed. 

"You wouldn't have done that." Anders said getting out of bed. 

"Oh you don't know what I am capable of." I grinned at him.

"5 years together, we learn a few things and I know you wouldn't have thrown water ove-" Before Anders could finish his sentence, I cupped my hands underneath the running tap water and threw it in his direction. His reaction made me laugh, he gasped and blinked a few times to register what happened.

"Oh, what were you saying?" I smirked. Anders laughed and shook his head. 

"That I love you." Anders smiled wrapping his arms around my waist and looked down at me with his big eyes. 

"I love you too." I said back, my arms snaked around his waist. Anders lent his head into the crook of my neck and I felt his breath tickle my neck. 

"Lets get ready." I spoke. Anders grumbled, but soon his face appeared in front of me. 

"You're acting very strange today." I muttered to myself, but Anders heard and rose his eyebrow at me. 

"No weirder than normal." He grinned laying a kiss on my forehead before turning the shower on.

"You say that." I chuckled walking back into the bedroom. 

_ _ _ _ _

An hour later we are sat in Anders car making the final few hours left of the journey to his home town, Edina, Minnesota. The car windows are rolled down, the radio playing loud, and the sun beats down against our faces, just a typical summers day. My feet rested against the dashboard while my hand rested in Anders hand, his thumb kept running back and forth in a soothing gesture. I grinned when the sign on the side of the road read, 'Welcome to Minnesota.'

"Not long now." I heard Anders say with a smile on his face. I grinned and nodded, leaning my head back and enjoyed the last few hours in the car before we arrive home. 

I must have fallen asleep as I woke to Anders tapping my gently on my shoulder, unlike what I did to him this morning. A smile made its way onto my face when I saw him parked outside the house we own in his home town. 

"Welcome home, darling." Anders said when he caught me staring. 

"It's so good to be back home." I said with a groan as I stretched my sore legs out. 

"It does, we should get cleaned up a little before going out." Anders suggested exiting the car.

"Going out? We're we going?" I asked following him into the house.

"Mum wants to meet us for lunch and well, we've been sitting in a warm car for nearly 5 hours." He shrugged slipping his shoes off. I gave a nod in understanding and made my way up to our bedroom, I pushed the door open and saw the bed still freshly made from the last time we were here. 

"So good to be home." I grinned to myself before heading into the en suite to clean myself up. 

_ _ _ _ _

"Where did she say she would meet us?" I asked looking around the busy park for Anders mother. 

"She said near the north lake." Anders replied. I nodded and kept walking with my hand in his. We neared the northern end of the Centennial Lakes Park and his mother soon came into view along with my mother and father, I turned to Anders who looked pale and clammy, and his attention else where. 

"Are you OK?" I asked cautiously. Anders blinked and look down at me like he had just came back to earth.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Why wouldn't I be?" He rushed out. I rose my eyebrow at him, but decided against answering his question. We finally came to our parents and I let go off Anders hand before rushing over to my parents, I grinned as they both engulfed me into a hug. 

"What are you guys doing here?" I asked coming out of the hug.

"Anders invited us." My mother replied gesturing to the dirty blonde haired male standing with his mother. He felt our gazes on him and turned around, he smiled at us before going back to his mother. 

"Any idea why?" I wondered going back to my parents.

"No, he just said that it was important that we were here." My father said giving a shrug. I nodded at his words and before I could reply back, I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around and saw Anders on one knee, a small black velvet box in his hands and he opened it to reveal a beautiful engagement ring. My hands flung to my mouth to stop myself from releasing a squeal, but they didn't stop the tears that formed in my eyes. 

"In this very spot five years ago, I met the love of my life and what a better way to ask her to be my wife than propose to her at the same place I took her on our first date, where I asked her to be my girlfriend, and now to ask her to marry me. Y/N, you mean more to me than anything in the world, and it would bring me great happiness to know that you will be at my side as Mrs. Y/N Lee. What do you say? Will you marry me?"

"Of course." I spoke through the tears. Anders released a large breath and stood up, he held my left hand in his and slowly put the ring on my finger. I let out a chuckle when I saw Anders staring down at me with his big eyes, he grinned and lent down to kiss me. 

"I love you, future Mrs. Lee." Anders whispered against my lips. 

"I love you too, future husband." I replied wrapping my arms around his neck.

"Congratulations." Anders mother cried as she walked over to us, my parents doing the same. I laughed through the tears that still clouded my eyes, Anders mother hugged me and so did my mother while my father shook Anders hand. I grinned at the tall blonde male in front of me, his eyes filled with joy and a grin on his lips as well. 

A/N: Oh I dunno, I hope this is alright! It is unedited so apologies for mistakes.

-Lauryn.