#122 - Patrick Kane - #88 Chicago Blackhawks

I sat nervously in the stands with the other wives and girlfriends, our thoughts going crazy as game seven of the Stanley Cup final would be decided in overtime. The tension in the arena could be felt by everyone, my hands covering my mouth as we watched the game being played below us.

The puck currently in the Hawks zone is soon cleared out by Keith and the puck is caught by Patrick, I gasped and stood up as he made his way into the Capital's zone with Panarin and Anisimov trailing behind him. He deeked past Kuznetsov and brought the puck closer to the net, he turned to his side and covered the puck with the tip of his stick to stop Orlov from taking the puck off him. Once Patrick got past Orlov, he skated to the net and shot the puck hard. 

My hands flung into the air and I cheered whenever I saw the goal light go on. They did it. The Chicago Blackhawks are once again Stanley Cup champions. I was embraced into a giant hug by Elina and we jumped and cheered whenever we saw the boys clearing the bench, their equipment going everywhere, and skated to where Patrick stands.

After the boys shook the Capitals hands, the wives and girlfriends were escorted down to ice level, and when I saw Patrick I called for him.

"Patrick." I called waving to him, Patrick saw me standing among the others and skates towards me. He engulfed me into a huge hug and peppered my face with kisses, I giggled as he came face to face with me with a giant grin on his face.

"You played amazing, I'm so proud." I told keeping a a hand on Patrick's arm.

"I'm glad you were able to be here to see this happen." Patrick grinned leaning his head down and pressed his lips against mine, our kiss was short lived when Jonathan came over to us.

"Get a room you two." Jonathan shouted coming over to where Patrick and I stand, Patrick groaned and lifted his head up to find Jonathan standing beside us with a smile on his face.

"Congratulations Jon." I said moving over to where he stands and gave him a him a hug.

"Thanks Y/N, I hope you don't mind but I need to take this one from you." He told gesturing to Patrick.

"Sure, you guys gotta go get that trophy that bring it back home." I smiled patting Jonathan's shoulder and watched as the two boys skated away. I was joined by Lindsey and Danya after the two went to join the rest of the team, we began talking and when they announced the Chicago Blackhawks as the 2016/2017 Stanley Cup champions we cheered loudly. I watched as Jonathan handed the Cup to Patrick and he skated around with it above his head, he passed it on to Artemi and skated over to the microphone. He tapped it nervously before speaking.

"Uh, can I have everyone's attention please?" Patrick spoke, his voice shaking as he did. The crowd became silent and everyone's attention now on him, mine included.

"Y/N, can you join me please?" Patrick asked looking in my direction, I slowly walked over to him and as I passed Jonathan he smiled and winked at me. When I came up to Patrick, he held my hand and grinned awkwardly at me. 

"Tonight has been one of the most memorable nights of my life but the best one by far was meeting you three years ago, I remember how awkward and shy I was whenever I tried to speak to you but you didn't care that I was making a fool of myself. You've made me feel something I had never felt before and that was love. Loving you is the greatest accomplishment of my life, you are my world, my everything, and I wish nothing but to spend the rest of my life with you," Patrick told taking my hand into his, he set the microphone down on the table and he brought out a small red velvet box. He got down onto one knee and my right hand moved to my mouth as I gasped at Patrick's actions, he smiled at me and opened the box. Inside is a beautiful diamond ring worth more than my entire savings, Patrick took a deep breath and asked the question.

"Will you marry me?" I nodded unable to speak due to the shock of the event unfolding before me, Patrick smiled widely and slipped the diamond ring onto my finger. He jumped up, wrapped his arms around me, and spun me around in his arms. The crowd cheered when they realized I agreed. 

"She said yes!" Jonathan shouted into the microphone and the crowd got louder, I laughed whenever Patrick set me back down on the ice and saw Jonathan grinning at us two.

"I love you." Patrick whispered down into my ear, his arm slung loosely over my waist. 

I turned around to him and smiled. "I love you too Patrick." He smiled and lent down, his lips connecting against mine as we kissed while the crowd cheered in the background.

A/N: I should be writing theme statements for my diploma prep but this seems better to do, I'm procrastinating and I shouldn't be doing that.

Brownie2018 I hope this was OK for you!

-Lauryn.