#73: JOHN TAVARES - #91 TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS

I close the door to my car and glance up at the apartment building, a smile making its way onto my face. After much speculation, my doctor confirmed today that I am in fact pregnant with mine and John's first child. We've only been married for five months and today my doctor has told me I am already three weeks pregnant, this is honestly the greatest thing that has happened in a long time, beside marrying John that is.

I climb up the stairs to mine and John's apartment and put my key in, I push the door open and my eyes fly to my hairline at the sight before me.

"John Tavares, what the heck are you doing?" I ask my eyes wide and my mouth drops to the floor when I see John. He lies on the couch with only his underwear on, a bag of chips resting on his chest, and his eyes focused on the baseball on our TV. At my sudden interruption of his free time, John jumps to his feet with the bag of chips falling onto the ground at his feet. So this is what he does when I am not home.

"It's not what it looks like I swear." He ushers out quickly and holds his hands up. I chuckle at my husband as his face turns bright red in embarrassment.

"What were you doing then?" I ask setting my bag down and walk over to towards John. He bends down and pulls on his shorts that lies on the floor beside the couch, when he has them on he groans and stretches out.

"Well training camp doesn't start until September, so I am pigging out on the foods I missed during the season until I have to go back on my diet again." John shrugs flopping down on the couch beside me. I let a squeal leave me as John wraps his arms around my waist and pulls me onto his lap.

"So you are deciding to become a coach potato then?" I chuckle leaning my head back to look at my husband, his hands rest on my stomach and I feel myself grow happy inside knowing that inside is our child, and John has no idea that I am having his child.

"I'm hurt, darling, really hurt." John gasps sarcastically and clutches heart. I laugh loudly at his actions and push myself off him, I sit against the arm rest facing John.

"Suck it up, big boy." I sass giving John a slight tap my foot. John gives me a loud laugh and then pounces on top of me.

"What am I going to do with you? You hurt me, you are a mean person." He says with a smile on his lips and brushes my hair our of my face. I stick my tongue out at him and wriggle underneath him to escape.

"Nu uh, babe. You are staying right here." John says huskily and runs his hands up and down my side. His touch makes me shiver, his breath trickles against my neck as he leans down and gently brushes his lips against my neck.

"Hmm, John." I breathe tapping his arm. He lets out a grunt in his response as he continues to kiss up and down my jaw and neck.

"I got to make dinner." I tell trying to free myself from John's grasp, but he continues with his kisses. Not that I don't want him doing what he wants, I am tired and want to eat.

"Dinner can wait." John says between kisses.

"Not when you have to feed three people." I sigh shaking my head and then stop when I realize I just let slip I am pregnant. John stops kissing my neck and looks up at me with wide eyes, does he understand what I meant?

"Three people? Is Anders coming round?" John asks referring to his teammate. I sit up and shake my head as my answer. So much for surprising him with a small child's jersey with his name on the back, I guess I just have to man up and tell him now.

"John, I um, I'm pregnant." I tell not looking up to him in fear he would get up and leave me. But the doubts soon disappear when I feel two strong arms around my waist, John pulls me onto his lap and presses his lips against mine softly.

"You're having a baby?" He whispers, his lips still against mine and he looks at me with his beautiful eyes.

"Yeah I'm having a baby." I nod, wrapping my arms around John's neck and John keeps his hands on my waist.

"And I'm the baby's daddy?" He asks looking up at me with such loving eyes and then to my stomach.

"Of course, you silly man. You're the only man I have ever been with, I think it is safe to say any child I have will be yours." I chuckle leaning closer to John and press a kiss on his lips. John smiles at me and I climb off his lap, I lean into his side and wrap my arms around his torso.

"Oh my gosh, there's going to be a mini Tavares running around." John mutters as he leans his head on mine.

"If it's a boy I'm going teach him how to play hockey and football, and teach him how to respect women and be kind. If it's a girl I'm going to spoil her rotten, treat her like a princess you know, and obviously I'll teach her how to play hockey too. We gotta keep that part up in the family and maybe lacrosse." John laughs as he rambles on. I hold him close to me as I listen to him talk about our future children and I cannot wait to have more children with him in the future.

A/N: Finally a update, sorry it's taken so long. I have been extremely busy with school now that I am in my final year! On Wednesday I had my credit check with my counselor and I have enough to graduate with so I am so happy that I am on the graduating list!

If you guys haven't heard my book Blind Love which is based of the Dylan Larkin imagine I wrote is finally completed! I have officially finished the book, if you haven't had the chance to check it out I would gladly appreciate that!

Anyways I hope to get back into the swing of things and start getting more imagines posted because I know a lot of people have requested and I hate to say that I forget some of the requests people have put through. If any of you have asked for an imagine and it hasn't been written yet please comment on this chapter or send me a message saying that you are expecting one. I am sorry that I have forgotten them, but I have been so busy.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter!

See you again with my next update

-Lauryn.