#44: TEUVO TERAVAINEN - #86 CAROLINA HURRICANES

I rechecked myself in the mirror, my hand running across my outfit and a smile came to my lips. Today is going to be a good day, I am finally getting to see my boyfriend again after a few days of not being together. I opened the door to what has become my bedroom in my brothers apartment and made my way down into the living room.

"Hey Johnny, I'm going out." I shouted when I got to the living room.

"Wait up!" Jonathan, my brother and captain of the Chicago Blackhawks, called poking his head out of the kitchen, I groaned and spun around to face him.

"Where are you going?" He asked looking me up and down.

"I'm going out with some friends." I said giving him a firm nod.

"OK what friends? You have no friends." He laughed sarcastically, I rolled my eyes and walked towards the door.

"Seriously Y/N, who are you going out with?" Jonathan asked in his Captain Serious voice.

"I'm going out with some friends, I won't be home for dinner so don't make any for me." I told pulling my shoes on.

"Fine, but don't expect me to open the door if you come home late." Jonathan threatened weakly, I could only laugh at his attempt to be the bigger brother.

"OK Johnny." I laughed opening the door.

"Be safe!" He shouted as I closed the door to his apartment. I ran down the steps of Jonathan's apartment block and pushed open the door that lead to the street, the silver jeep sat in the corner of the parking lot caught my eye and I smiled as I ran over towards it.

"What took you so long?" The driver of the jeep asked as I opened the door and got in. I climbed in and pressed my lips quickly against Teuvo's lips, he grinned and kissed me back harder. Teuvo who is my boyfriend for over a year also plays with my brother on the Chicago Blackhawks roaster.

"What do you think? Captain serious came out before I could leave." I laughed strapping myself in. Teuvo laughed a hearty laugh before putting the car into gear and drove off out of parking lot, his hand slipping into mine and rested our hands on his knee with his thumb drawing circles on my skin.

"Where do you wanna go?" Teuvo asked once we hit the main road.

"I don't know." I shrugged kicking my feet up onto the dashboard.

"Well, that's great because I already have something planned for us and take your feet off the dashboard." Teuvo told giving my legs a little tap as he pulled up to a red light.

"What do you mean you've 'something planned?'" I asked trying to mock Teuvo's accent, that only made him laugh.

"Never try that again, and we are going skating." He smiled widely driving again as the light turned green.

"Dude, no way!" I exclaimed bringing my legs down off the dashboard.

"Dude, yeah way." Teuvo laughed trying to be funny, but only failed and made me laugh.

"OK, you never try to do that again." I laughed shaking my head at the blonde Finnish beside me. It only took a couple of minutes before Teuvo pulled up to the United Center and parked the car, he turned to face me with a large smile prominent on his face already excited to hang out for the day after being away from each other for so long.

"What if Johnny comes while we're here? You do know he literally spends every minute on the ice because he's hockey obsessed." I sighed looking to my hands. We haven't told Jonathan we are dating, we are just waiting for the right time to announce it and unfortunately there has never been the right time so our relationship has stayed quiet for about a year now. Everyone on the team knows apart from Jonathan which is a shock, because Jonathan literally knows everything that goes on behind closed doors.

"I checked with Coach Q to see if he was going to be practicing today, he said that Jonathan decided to take the day off so we have no worries about him showing up." Teuvo smiled grabbing my hands and held them in his.

"You had this all planned out, didn't you?" I asked biting my lip to stop myself from smiling at Teuvo.

"What if I said yes?" Teuvo said raising an eyebrow at me.

"Then you are possibly the greatest man on earth." I grinned leaning over and pressed my lips against Teuvo's, he smiled into the kiss and ran his hand through my hair before resting his hand on the back of my neck.

"Should we go skate now?" Teuvo asked pulling out of the kiss.

"If we have too." I groaned a little, Teuvo laughed before pecking my lips quickly with another kiss. We walked hand in hand into the United Center with Teuvo carrying his skates along with an extra pair for myself. We got into the arena and headed towards the ice, we came to the benches and sat down to get ready to skate.

"Do you need me to tie your boots?" Teuvo chuckled lightly as I stuck my tongue out in frustration when I couldn't tie the boots, I looked up to his blue eyes and nodded sadly.

"They are just so hard to tie." I mumbled giving up, Teuvo laughed and took the laces into his hands. In matter of seconds Teuvo had tied both boots and helped me stand up, it took a couple of tries to get my balance but after that Teuvo and I were able to skate at the same pace.

"We should tell Jonathan." I said out of the blue as Teuvo and I skated around with our hands together.

"What do you mean?" Teuvo asked moving in front of me and started to skate backwards.

"We should tell Jonathan about us dating, we've been dating for nearly a year and it doesn't feel right that my brother doesn't know." I sighed taking Teuvo's hand which he held out for me.

"I guess you're right, we'll tell Jonathan when I take you home." Teuvo nodded and grinned when I rested my hands in his.

"Tell Jonathan what?" My brothers voice came from behind me, I groaned and turned around to see Jonathan. He stood with his arms folded and a stern look across his face, he too wore his skates.

"Um surprise." I said weakly raising my hands up and smiled awkwardly at him.

"Care to explain?" Jonathan asked pointing to Teuvo who stood behind me.

"Oh that, well we are dating." I told nodding as I spoke, Teuvo came up beside me and slipped his hand into mine.

"I know." Jonathan said his posture not changing.

"Wait what?" I asked a little shocked at his response.

"You really think you could have kept that secret from me? And anyways, Kaner told me like the minute he found out you two were dating. I just wanted to see how long you guys would not tell me and I must say I'm impressed, a year that's pretty good." Jonathan told smiling as he spoke, his posture changing from angry Jonathan to weirdly happy Jonathan.

"So you knew this whole time?" I said trying to understand everything.

"Yeah." He nodded.

"And you said nothing?" Teuvo asked peeping up.

"Well you guys seem happy, I didn't want to ruin that." Jonathan shrugged flashing a smile in my direction.

"Am I allowed to continue to date Y/N?" Teuvo asked softly.

"Yeah, but you hurt her and I will ruin you." Jonathan told going into big brother bear mode.

"Thank you." I grinned skating over and wrapped my arms around Jonathan, he laughed and hugged me back.

"Just no kissing in front of me." He said as I skated back over to Teuvo, I didn't listen to him and pressed my lips onto Teuvo's.

"What did I just tell you!" Jonathan shouted before turning his head in disgust.

A/N: I love Teuvo so much, he's the sweetest person ever.

-Lauryn.