-Hombre De Verdad-

AU/Headcanon: Kind of Modern AU and Trans Leorio (FTM)
(This is not headcanoned in other one shots)

"Fuck," Leorio cursed as he sat on the ground. Tank tops, shorts, and other clothes surrounded him. His dresser drawer was sitting in front of him. "Where is it," he asked himself.

"Are you alright babe," Kurapika, his boyfriend, walked in. "Looking for something?" Leorio jumped at the sound of his voice. He turned. "Umm... yeah," he replied. "I don't need any help though." "Well, I just did some laundry," Kurapika said. "There's a basket in the living room. Want me to bring it in?" Leorio smiled. "Please," he said. Kurapika nodded. "Alright," he said. "And that hoodie looks nice on you."

Kurapika set the basket down on the bed. "Here," he said. "See if what you're looking for is in there." Leorio smiled and began to look through the basket. So far he couldn't find what he was looking for. "Oh, crap," Kurapika said. "I need to get to work. Gon and Killua should be here in at least thirty minutes. Everything you'll need to cook is already set up. I'll be home around dinner time." He kissed Leorio's cheek before leaving.

As Leorio continued to look through the basket, he remembered where he put it. On the shelf in the closet. He stood and walked to the closet. He opened the door and reached to the shelf. Off the shelf, he pulled down a binder. His binder.

Leorio walked to the bathroom and slipped off his hoodie. He cringed at his body, more specifically, his chest. Despite just having top surgery, he still found it disgusting. He didn't like it on himself. Leorio put the binder on and smiled. He looked much better with it. Now he just needed to put on a different shirt.

As Leorio brought the shirt over his head, his cell phone rang. He ran to it and picked it up. "Hey, Ma," he said. "Yeah, I'm fine... Oh, yeah I did... I know, I know. I wasn't supposed to take it off. But I found it... No of course I didn't lose it. Technically I lost track of it." The doorbell rang. "Sorry, Ma. Gotta go."

Leorio ran to the front door, adjusting his shirt. He opened it to Gon and Killua. "Hey, boys," he said. "You're here earlier than I thought you'd be." The boys nodded. "Yeah," Gon said. "We overestimated our arrival time." Leorio chuckled. "That's okay," he replied. "I wasn't busy or anything. But I was on a call with my mom."

Gon frowned. "Oh," he said. "Sorry for interrupting that." Leorio shrugged. "It's fine," he replied. "Come on in. Should I start dinner?" Killua sat on the couch. "Yeah," he said. "I'm starving. When will Kurapika get back from work?" Leorio shrugged, "I'm not sure."

Killua sighed. "You know something I've never understood about you," he said. "Why you want everyone to call you 'mister'. Especially us two and Kurapika. We don't even have that big of an age difference. Specifically you and Kurapika."

Leorio glanced at him, closing the oven. "It-well-um," he stuttered, trying to find the words. "It gives me a sense of respect." Killua snickered. "What if we called you Miss Leorio," he joked. "That oughta piss you off." Leorio paused. "Don't." Killua snickered. "See," he said. "I knew that would make him angry. Come to think of it... There are some things I've noticed about you." "Killua-" "You never show your chest." "Stop." "As far as I know, you don't shave." "Seriously, stop." "And you're seriously secretive. By that I mean, you don't walk out of the shower unless you're fully clothed-" "I said stop goddamit!"

Killua fell silent at Leorio's outburst. Leorio took a deep breath. "Get the food out of the oven in twenty minutes," he said before walking away.

Leorio shut the door to his bedroom. He sat on the ground, his back against the wood. He took a few breaths, calming himself. "Soy un hombre de verdad," he muttered. "Soy un hombre de verdad." He pulled his phone out of his pocket and dialed Kurapika's number. It rang once before someone picked up.

"Leorio? What's wrong? Why are you calling?"
"C-can you come home early?"
"I'm on my way home now. Why?"
"These kids are just stressful."
"Are you alright? You sound like you're crying."
"Fine. Just... Be home soon. Please."
"Leorio-"

Leorio ended the call and set down his phone. "They all call me a man," he said to himself. "They say he. Not she. They can't even tell. I am a real man. Soy un hombre de verdad." He stood and walked back into the living room.

The two kids were still on the couch. Killua had his hands folded in his lap and his head hanging. "I'm sorry, Leorio," he said. "I didn't mean to offend you. If I did in any way." Leorio smiled. "It's fine," he replied. "You're just a kid." Killua looked up at him. "No," he replied. "It's not okay. I should respect what you choose to do. I shouldn't even care. And if you want to be called mister, I should respect that too." "It's fine, really," Leorio responded. "And Kurapika is on his way back."

********

Leorio looked into the mirror, examining himself. "Kurapika," he said, sticking his head out of the bathroom. His boyfriend was sitting on the bed with a book. Leorio walked over and sat next to him. "Do you think I look masculine?" Kurapika looked up and almost laughed. "Of course I do," he replied. "You look more masculine than me. Why do you ask?"

Leorio shrugged. "Oh," he said. "Just some shit my dad said. Probably because I'm dating another guy." Kurapika smiled. "Well," he replied. "You look more like a man than I do. And I haven't seen underneath your clothes because of that 'no sex before marriage' thing. But I can assume... It's very sexy." He reached to touch Leorio's chest but was stopped. "Sensitive," Leorio warned.

Kurapika pulled his hand away. "Right, sorry," he said. "Uhm. Can you turn off the lamp, please? I'm getting tired." Leorio nodded and pulled the cord to turn off the light.

Leorio had his arms around Kurapika's middle. The smaller male was softly snoring. Leorio smiled at the comforting sound. He would have to tell his boyfriend that he was trans someday. Someday.