{Early Visits}

A/N: I know its not Christmas Eve yet but I really wanted to write this

Leorio sighed as he set down the last box of Christmas decorations. Why had he waited so long to decorate? It was Christmas Eve. Leorio groaned when he looked around. He had so much to do. Put up lights outside, set up the tree, put presents under the tree, and put up decorations. The only thing he had done was putting up mistletoe. But only because he wanted to prank Gon and Killua. He planned to avoid the mistletoe at all cost tomorrow.

There was a knock at the door, making Leorio jump. He sighed and walked towards the door. When he opened it he didn't expect to see Kurapika. "Hi, Leorio," he said. Leorio gave him a questioning look. "Kurapika," he said."What are you doing here? It's not Christmas yet." Kurapika pushed past Leorio, inviting himself in. "I know," he said. "But I also knew that you wouldn't have your decorations up yet. So I came to help."

Leorio shut the door and looked at Kurapika. "Uh thank you," he said. "Bu why so late at night? And how did you get out of work?" Kurapika turned to Leorio. "Answer to question one," he replied. "It took a bit to find your house, Leorio. Answer to question two. I said it was a 'family emergency.' Melody knew I was bullshitting and has been messaging me non-stop. I turned off my phone."

Kurapika took off his olive green hat and coat. "Where can I put these," he asked. Leorio blinked. "Just one the coat rack," he answered. "Also, are you wearing casual clothes?" Kurapika looked at his clothes. He was wearing black jeans and a blue sweater. "Yes," he said looking up. "Why?" Leorio felt his face get hot. "Nothing," he muttered, averting his eyes. "Just that I've never seen you in casual clothes. You look," he hesitated trying to find the words, "nice."

Kurapika smiled. "Leorio," he said. "I've never seen you in casual clothes either. You always wear a suit." Leorio chuckled, putting a hand on the back of his neck. "Well my casual clothes aren't much," he said. "Just an undershirt I usually wear with my suits." Kurapika almost laughed, Leorio was right. "I see," he replied. "But the shirt is paired with jeans. Cuffed jeans. How stylish."

Leorio watched Kurapika walk around. He was nervous. He hadn't cleaned and Kurapika would always nag when he didn't. They had also, never been alone in his house before. Leorio didn't know why that mattered, but to him it did. Kurapika turned to Leorio with a bright smile. He looked sort of... cute. "So, Leorio," he said. "Where should we start?"

********

Leorio let out a sigh of relief as he put the star on the tree. "That's the last decoration," he said to Kurapika, who was sitting on the couch. "What now?" Kurapika was sitting wrapped in a blanket. The tip of his nose and his cheeks were red from the cold. He had recently finished putting lights up outside. "I don't understand you, Leorio," he said instead of answering the question. "You put all this effort into putting up Christmas decoration but then you take the down two days later. Why?"

Leorio shrugged. "I'm a forgetful man," he said. "I forget I need to decorate for Christmas until I realize 'oh shit, it's the twenty-fourth'. And remember how sad Gon will be if there are no Christmas decorations." Kurapika slightly tilted his head. "You treat that boy like he's your son," he acknowledged.

"Well," Leorio said. "Despite our age difference, I suppose he is like a son to me. And I know for a fact I'm better than his real dad." Kurapika smiled. "I guess that's true," he said. "Then who would I be to him?" Leorio glanced at Kurapika. "The mom," he replied. "But we're divorced and are still friends. Not close friends, just friends." Kurapika frowned. "You mean to say, we're not close friends," he asked.

Leorio's eyebrows furrowed. "That's not what I meant," he said. "Just that. If we're the mom and dad we don't have a romantic relationship. We're friends. And I consider you as a best friend." Kurapika looked up at him. "I guess I do as well," he said. "You are my best friend Leorio."