Ice Skating

Prompt: (Too specific)

Kurapika held on to Leorio's hand. They were at an ice skating rink. And Kurapika was inexperienced. Leorio said he would help him but he couldn't be sure. Leorio was like that sometimes.

"Come on sweetie," Leorio said pulling him along. "Let's get your skates on. I got you hockey skates, they're easier for beginners." Kurapika lightly smiled and pulled his hat down. "I don't wanna," he said. "I'm going to embarrass myself in front of a bunch of teenagers."

Leorio frowned and pulled the red beanie back up Kurapika's head. "It's going to be okay," he said. "You won't have to worry about anything. I'll be with you the whole time." Kurapika frowned. "O-okay," he said.  Leorio kissed Kurapika's cheek. "Good," he said. "Now give me your foot so I can get the ice skate on."

****

"L-Leorio," Kurapika said. "Please don't go. I'm finding it very difficult to stay on my feet." He put his arms out to try and regain balance. It wasn't working. Leorio skated over to him and put his arm around his waist. "You'll be fine," he said. "Try not to walk, it's more of... gliding."

As soon as Leorio came over Kurapika put his arms around his waist. "Please stay here," he said. "I don't know if I can." Leorio smiled and grabbed one of Kurapika's hands. He brought it into the air and spun him around.

"Leorio!" Kurapika yelled. "Don't do that unexpectedly! I can barely move! You asshole!" Leorio chuckled as Kurapika hugged him again. "It's fine," he said. "Just push your foot forward. And then the next. It's easy." Kurapika whimpered. "No it's not," he whined.

At that moment Kurapika slipped and fell on the ice. "Leorio!" He cried. His boyfriend laughed. "Get up," he said. "You'll be fine." Kurapika welled up with tears. "I wanna go home," he complained. "Now!" Leorio went over to him and squatted down. "Why do you want to go home," he asked.

Kurapika wiped his eyes. "I-it's cold, I can't s-skate, and I k-keep falling and it h-hurts," he whined. Leorio gave a small smile. "Are you sure you want to go home," he asked. "I can hold onto you as you skate." Kurapika nodded and Leorio sighed.

"Okay," Leorio said. "Let's get you home." Kurapika grabbed Leorio's hand and was hoisted up. Leorio kissed his forehead. "I'm sorry," he said. Kurapika pouted. "Apology accepted," he grumbled. "When we get home can you make hot chocolate? And can we cuddle?" Leorio smiled, "Of course."

****

If you're wondering why I made it cold or why ice skating is open it's because I live in Pennsylvania. And PA weather sucks.
-Author