Interview

Leorio had Kurapika drive him to the hospital. He was anxious. He didn't want to accidentally crash the car if his tics got too bad. As of right now, they just consisted of him clearing his throat and blinking. Kurapika snuck him a glance. "Are you alright," he asked. Leorio looked at him. "Uh, I'm fine," he replied. "Nothing too serious. I wouldn't worry."

Kurapika looked back ahead. "Are you sure it's fine," he asked. Leorio nodded before realizing Kurapika wasn't looking. "Yep, I'm sure," he said. "Yep!" Kurapika was worried about Leorio. Ever since their conversation last night. He didn't want Leorio to get too anxious.

"I did some research last night," Kurapika said. "After you fell asleep." "Abou- yep! About what?" "Anxiety. I looked up symptoms and ways to calm it down." "Like what?" "There's this thing called the three three three rule." "What do you do?" "First you name three things around you. Then three noises you hear. And lastly, move three parts of your body." "Should I try? My anxiety is-tch-is acting up. And for no good reason too." "I'd say it's a good reason. Moving and trying to get a new job is stressful." "Y-yeah. You're right."

Leorio took a deep breath. He cleared his throat. "Okay," he said. "Lemme try it." He looked out the window and began to humble. "I see a tree. A red car. And... The most beautiful person ever." He looked at Kurapika and the man's face went red. "Okay, now some noises you hear." "I hear the-tch-the heater. The passing cars. And you tapping your fingers." "Now move three parts of your body." "Don't you think I'm doing that enough already?" "Do it." Leorio groaned. He tapped his finger on the window. Then rolled his wrist and ankle.

"Feeling better," Kurapika asked. Leorio sighed. "A bit," he replied. "Do you think I'll get the job?" "Of course. You're a great doctor." "But I'm applying to be a pediatrician." "Same thing." "I guess."

Kurapika pulled into the parking lot. Immediately, Leorio started to blink again. "Go on," he said. "I'll wait for you here."

********

Kurapika was in the car for almost forty-seven minutes. He was bored as he brought nothing to pass time. How was he supposed to know it would last this long? He jumped when the car door opened and Leorio climbed in.

"So how did it go," he asked. Leorio shrugged. "I probably got the job," he replied. Kurapika raised a brow. "Probably," he inquired. "What is that supposed to mean?" "She seemed to like me." "How so?" Leorio looked at Kurapika. "Not like that," he replied. "I meant that she looked happy at my responses." "You don't sound like you're finished speaking." "Okay. She may have flirted with me a little bit." "What?" "Don't worry Sunshine. She stopped after I told her I was married. She asked too."

Kurapika huffed. "She's still interested in you," he said. "Is she pretty? Big ass? Big tits?" "Kurapika," Leorio said. "I would never cheat on you. I love you. Besides, I'm into blondes." "You're into women." "Kurapika I never thought of cheating on you. She's not even my type." "So? I wasn't your type." "But we're married now." "Exactly." "Kurapika, I only said you weren't my type because I thought I was straight. But I'm obviously not."

Kurapika sighed. "Just promise," he said. "Just promise you'll stick with me." "'Today and always.'"