{Morning Routine}

Based off of my headcanon(s?) from the last chapter

Kurapika

Kurapika groaned. He had gotten toothpaste in his hair. He was so used to Leorio pulling his hair back whenever he spit out his toothpaste. But he wasn't with Leorio anymore. He was with the Nostrades, yes, that was their name. It had been quite a while since he slept in an actual bed. Sure, when he was staying with Leorio he slept in the bed once in a while. Not all the time.

Thinking about it now, he felt bad about leaving without warning. He could only imagine how he felt. But he's been gone for a few months now. Leorio has surely gotten over it. But he still messaged Kurapika to check on him. Seeing the small words confirming that the message was seen had to be good enough.

"Kurapika," a small voice said. "That is your name, right?" Kurapika turned. A small woman by the name of Melody was standing there. "I'm sorry to intrude," she said. "But I heard you groan. Complaining even. I wanted to see if you were alright." Kurapika smiled. Melody seemed sweet. "I'm fine," he said. "I just got a bit of toothpaste in my hair. That's all." "Did you not pull it back?" Kurapika's face turned red. Not that it was embarrassing. Just the thought of Leorio and how he did such caring things like that.

He turned back to the sink. "Uhm... I guess I'm just used to someone doing it for me," he said. "I'll just wash it out." As he said, he put his hair under the fossit and rinsed it out. He smiled at Melody. "All good," he said. Melody nodded and walked out.

Kurapika looked back into the mirror. He opened one drawer and pulled out his eyeliner. He enjoyed wearing it. It made him look better. He tried to put it on, tried doing the usual wing. His hand was too shaky. He grabbed some toilet paper and soaked it under some water. He wiped off the makeup. Leorio usually did it for him. He was surprisingly good at makeup. But a naked face would do.

Kurapika grabbed an earring off of the sink. But as he tried to put it on he yelped. "Ow," he said. He had stabbed himself. Again, shaky hands. His hands always got shaky when je tried to keep them steady. Which is why he had Leorio put his earrings in for him as well. Leorio did a lot.

Kurapika sighed and set down the earring. He would go downstairs and make himself some breakfast. He didn't need eyeliner or his earrings. Just food. And if Leorio would happen to be there it would be nice too.

Kurapika realized too late that he made too much food. He had made enough for two people. He only needed food for one. It was just him, not Leorio. He sighed as he put both servings on plates.

"Melody," Kurapika said. "You wouldn't mind some extra breakfast, would you?" The woman smiled up at him. "Of course not," she said. "I would love some." Kurapika handed her the plate. "Here's some orange juice to go with it," he said. "Umm, may I sit with you?" Melody nodded and Kurapika sat.

"I'm guessing you made too much," Melody said. "Because you're used to it." Kurapika averted his eyes as he blushed. Melody smiled. "I see," she said. "So, who'd you cook for? And did you recently break up?" "What? No!" he almost yelled. "Oh. I'm sorry for yelling. But no. I lived with a friend. He wasn't a great cook." He lifted his glass to his lips. Honestly, he missed Leorio. He missed him a lot.

Leorio

Leorio sat on his bed, hands folded in his lap. He woke up at five, school started at seven. He was so used to his routine taking longer. Kurapika was always in the shower for at least forty-five minutes. But he wasn't there anymore, Leorio had forgotten. He could've woken up later. At six maybe. But he didn't. So now what?

Leorio sighed and stood up. He didn't have a tie on today. Kurapika always did it for him because he "didn't tie it right." Leorio chuckled at the thought. Kurapika was so strict about everything. He even cleaned Leorio's glasses and sunglasses when he thought they needed to be cleaned. He was a good friend.

Leorio walked into the kitchen. It still smelled faintly of smoke. He had earlier attempted to make himself breakfast. But it didn't work out. He burnt almost everything. The only thing that survived was a single slice of toast and a glass of milk. Not that Leorio was used to much more.

He sighed. Why did he even come back into the kitchen? Did he expect to see Kurapika? He's been gone for at least three months now. Get a hold of yourself. Leorio set his head on the table. All he had to do was wait. Wait for school or wait for Kurapika. But he knew which one it would be.