Walks

"Leorio."
"Leorio."
"LEORIO!"

Leorio finally walked out of his study. "What is it, Kurapika?" he asked. Kurapika smiled. "Max wants to go on a walk," he said in a childish voice rocking sideways. He held up a leash. Leorio let out a deep breath. "Fine," he said. "But it's cold out. I'm going to get my jacket." Kurapika smiled. "Be quick," he whined. "I wanna go now!" Leorio took his coat off the coat-rack. "Stop whining," he said. "And get your coat. I'll get the dog." 

Kurapika frowned. And Leorio walked down the hall to their room. "Max," he called. "Ven aquí." From the living room, Kurapika called back, "Did you teach the dog Spanish?" Leorio chuckled. "I think it's fair that I'm part of him growing up too," he called. Kurapika laughed. "It's a dog," he replied. "Not a child. Specifically not a dog with divorced parents. We're not even married."

Leorio pursed his lips. "Yeah," he mumbled. "We're not." He picked up Max off the bed and brought him to Kurapika. "Your perro," he said. Kurapika smiled and took the dog from Leorio's arms. "I don't know Spanish," he said. "So please say easy words. Like hola. Or count to five." Leorio chuckled. "Just get the leash on Max," he said. "Then we can go."

********

Kurapika let out a deep breath. "It's a little cold," he said. "Can you hold my hand?" "It's not that cold," Leorio responded. "You'll be fine." "Please, Leorio," Kurapika said. Leorio grabbed Kurapika's hand. He then looked at Max. "What are you going to do when that dog gets bigger," he asked. "And strong?" Kurapika looked up at Leorio. "You can walk him," he said. Leorio softly smiled. "Of course I will," he replied. "Of course."

As they were walking, Leorio and Kurapika held hands swinging them back and forth. "Leorio," Kurapika said. "I have a question." Leorio looked at Kurapika. "Hm," he responded. Kurapika bit his lip. "Would you," he started. "Have you ever thought about getting married?" Leorio sighed. "Yes," he replied. "Why?" 

Kurapika blushed. "I don't know," he replied. "Isn't that something you ask people?" Leorio smiled at Kurapika. "Do you want to get married?" he asked. "Is that why you're asking?" Kurapika looked down to the ground. "How would I answer that," he said. Leorio shrugged. "You don't have to answer," he said. "But let me ask you something. Would you want a big wedding?" 

Kurapika laughed. "Why are you even asking," he said. "We're not engaged." Leorio stuck his hand in his pocket. "Yeah," he said. "We're not." "Leorio," Kurapika said. "Is everything alright? You look distracted." Leorio smiled. "I'm fine," he said. "There's nothing wrong. Why do you think that?" "If you want to say something, you can." 

Leorio shook his head. "It's nothing," he said. Kurapika frowned. "Are-are you going to break up with me," he asked tearing up. Leorio turned to Kurapika. "Oh no, baby," he said squatting down to Kurapika's face. "I would never." He used his thumb to wipe Kurapika's tears. "I love you so much," he said with a smile. "I really do. Why did you think I was going to break up with you?" 

Kurapika continued to cry. "B-because you l-looked upset," he started. "You looked upset when I- I brought up the m-marriage thing. T-that's why." Kurapika sniffled. Leorio kissed his nose. "I don't want to break up with you," he said. "I want to stay with you as long as I can." Kurapika wiped his tears. "R-really," he asked. Leorio nodded. "Really," he replied. "That's why I have to ask you one more thing."

"What is it," Kurapika asked. Leorio sighed. "I hope you don't mind me asking this now," he said pulling away. "But I was really scared and I guess I should ask now. While I still can." "Leorio?" "Kurapika I really love you," Leorio said. He hadn't stood up yet. Actually, he was on the ground, on one knee. Kurapika covered his mouth. "Oh my god," he said.

Leorio reached into his pocket and pulled out a small box. He opened it revealing a ring. "Kurapika," he said. "Will you marry me?" Kurapika's eyes were scarlet but he was smiling. "I-I yes! Yes of course!" Kurapika grabbed the ring and slipped it on his finger. Leorio stood and lifted Kurapika into the air, kissing him. "Be careful, Leorio," he said with a giggle. "I have a dog on a leash here."

Leorio laughed. "Come on," he said. "Let's go home. That dog has short hair. He's gonna get cold." Kurapika smiled. "Oh my gosh," he said. "We need to tell Gon and Killua! I'm engaged! We're engaged!" Leorio smiled. "I know," he said. "I can't believe I asked. I can't believe you said yes!" "I'm so happy you asked! I love you! I love you so much, Leorio!"