Valentine's Day 2

Leorio pulled over next to a restaurant. "We're here," he said. Kurapika looked up at Leorio. The restaurant looked expensive. If Leorio could afford this, why not a bigger box of chocolate? Stop worrying so much, Kurapika thought. It's nothing. He took a deep breath and climbed out of the car with Leorio.

"Why didn't you tell me to dress nicer," Kurapika asked. "This looks fancy. And why such a fancy place? I thought it made you uncomfortable." Leorio shrugged. "It's Valentine's Day," he said. "I needed to do something for you." Kurapika frowned. "But I never want you to do something for me if it's going to make you uncomfortable," he said. "That would make me feel bad." He leaned his head against Leorio.

Leorio walked into the restaurant. "Reservation for the Paladiknights," he told the man at the front. The man looked at a list, smiled, and waved his hand. "Just on time," he said in an accent. "This way, please." Kurapika and Leorio followed him through the restaurant. It was expensive. Chandeliers, servers in suits, the whole package.

Leorio glanced around. When he and Kurapika reached the table he let out a heavy sigh. Kurapika frowned. "Leorio," Kurapika said. "Are you sure that you're okay being here?" "Yeah, I'm good," Leorio said. "There's just a lot of people here. Rich people. Whatever. Let's look at the menu."

Kurapika and Leorio ordered their food and sat in silence. "Leorio," Kurapika softly said. "You know I love you, right?" Leorio looked up from his hands. "I mean... We're married," he said. "I love you too." "I really love you. I don't know what I would do without you. You're almost all I have." Tears formed in his eyes.

Leorio's immediate reaction to Kurapika crying was to grab his hand. Which he did. "Why are you crying," he asked. "What's wrong Sunshine?" "It's nothing," Kurapika wiped the tears. He gripped the rim of the sweater. "I jus-just love you. You're my only family."

Leorio stood up and sat next to Kurapika. He used his thumb to wipe the tears and kissed Kurapika's nose. Kurapika giggled. "I love you too, " Leorio said. "So much. And nothing will ever change that. Plus, you're so much better than my actual family. I will never leave you."

At that moment, all of Kurapika's worries disappeared. He really loved Leorio. And he was sure that Leorio loved him.

There's still more parts to be written. It is valentines day 😏