Tree Shopping

Prompt: Arguing over what Christmas tree to get

"I think we should get this one."  Leorio pointed to a box next to him, a box that held a Christmas tree. Kurapika shook his head. "That one is too tall," he said. "Who will put the star on top?" Leorio smiled. "I will silly," he said. "I have long arms. And if I can't reach I'll use the step stool." Kurapika sighed and returned his attention to the tree he wanted. "I still like this one," he said. Leorio laughed. "That one is shorter than you, sunshine," he said. "Do you know how sad that will look?"

Kurapika looked up at Leorio crossing his arms. Like a pouting child. "It won't look sad," he replied. "I think it's perfect!" Leorio hit the top of the box. "It will look sad," he said. "Having a tree, shorter than you is sad." Kurapika stamped his foot. "I'm not short," he huffed. "I just haven't finished growing!" Leorio chuckled. "The average male stops growing at nineteen," he replied. "You're twenty-three."

Kurapika turned back to the trees. "I just don't understand why we couldn't get a real tree," he mumbled. Leorio sighed. "Because Killua doesn't like pine," he replied. "And since we're having him over for Christmas, it's only fair." Kurapika sighed. "The kid's so picky," he said. "Did you know that one time I made stuffed peppers for dinner and he didn't eat a thing because I used red peppers?" Leorio sighed. "Yes, Kurapika," he replied. "I was there." Kurapika glanced at Leorio. "Whatever," he said. "He just gets on my nerves sometimes."

Leorio smiled. "So," he started. "What tree are we going to get?" Kurapika looked up at him. "Definitely this one," he said. Leorio shook his head. "No way," he replied. "That tree is like five feet tall. We should get this one." Kurapika frowned. "But that one is taller than you," he said. "It's too tall. And I want to put the star on top." Leorio laughed. "I'll lift you then," he said.

Kurapika sighed. "But that one is pre-lit," he said. "I want to put the lights on." Leorio rolled his eyes with a smirk. "You just want to put everything on the tree don't you," he asked. Kurapika nodded. "I do," he said. "I want to completely decorate the tree!"

Leorio smiled. "Fine," he said. "We'll get one without lights." Kurapika smiled. "Thank you," he said. "Can we put it up tonight? I really want to! Oh please Leorio! Please, please, please!" Leorio laughed. "Of course," he said. "I'll help. Now can we pick one out?"

A/N: I'm trying to post/write a Christmas-themed oneshot every day. And because I know some people don't celebrate Christmas, I will try to write a regular oneshot as well.