Pet Names

Prompt: Pet Names

Kurapika sat on the bed reading a book. He didn't work today so he was waiting for Leorio to get home. Months ago he had gotten a job as a doctor and feeling confident enough, asked Kurapika out. Of course, Kurapika was caught by surprise but he liked him. He liked him a lot. For that reason, he said yes.

After a few months of dating, Leorio got a request for a better job in another town. So, he moved and brought Kurapika with him. So far it had been great. There were a couple of arguments here and there. Mostly because Kurapika was being careless or Leorio wasn't doing anything around the house. But that was normal for them and they liked it like that.

Kurapika snapped his attention back to his book. What paragraph was he on again? What word had he last read? He couldn't quite remember. With a sigh, he shut his book and climbed out of bed. He had been laying there all day. He should probably take a shower or do something around the house. Or both. Yes, that would be nice.

Kurapika walked to the closet and pulled out random clothes. Just his black tank-top and white pants. He wouldn't be going anywhere tonight so it didn't matter how he looked. But that didn't mean he couldn't take a shower.

Kurapika walked into the bathroom and turned on the shower. He waited for the water to warm up before getting undressed and climbing in. The hot water felt nice against his bare skin. When was the last time he took a shower? Three days ago. Kurapika shuddered at the thought of being unclean for so long. He washed his hair and body before turning off the water. He grabbed his towel off of the towel rack and dried himself off before getting dressed.

Kurapika looked in the mirror, fixed his hair, and walked out of the bathroom. That's when he was tackled. He fell onto the bed and looked up at the man over him. "Leorio," he groaned. "Let me go."

Leorio chuckled and let go of the blond. He sat down beside him, a smile painted on his face.

Kurapika sat up and huffed. "If you were that excited to see me you should've gotten in the shower with me," he said.

Leorio waved his hand. "And interrupt you," he asked. "No way." He wrapped his arms around Kurapika again and pulled him against his chest. "Besides, I would prefer my boyfriend to be clean." He kissed the top of his head, making Kurapika stay put.

Kurapika turned his body so that the side of his head was against Leorio's chest. "How was your day," he asked.

Leorio let out a deep breath. "Good I guess," he said. "No one died that I know of. But one of my co-workers quit. He was the surgeon on our team so we'll need a new one."

Kurapika moved his eyes up to look at Leorio. "Why'd he quit," he asked. "Unless you don't feel like talking about it." They always respected each other in this way. If one didn't feel comfortable with talking about something the other would stop asking and change the subject. Usually, Leorio was never uncomfortable with talking about things but Kurapika asked anyway.

Leorio sighed and began to run his fingers through Kurapika's hair. "I not completely sure," he said. "It might be because he failed his most recent surgery and wasn't feeling too well about it. I can understand."

Kurapika closed his eyes. "Well," he said. "I'm sure he just needs time. He might come back. I know I would."

Leorio smiled. "How was your day," he asked after a couple of seconds of silence.

Kurapika bit the inside of his cheek. He shrugged. "I didn't really do anything," he said. "Just read a bit and watched some tv. I kind of feel guilty for not doing any housework though. Since I'm always nagging you about it."

Leorio leaned his head back resting it on a pillow. He yawned. It must've been a long day, Kurapika thought. "It's okay sweetie," Leorio said. Kurapika slightly lifted his head to look at his boyfriend. "Sweetie?" Leorio smiled. "Yeah," he said. "Like a pet-name. If you don't like it, I won't address you by it."

Kurapika looked as if he were deep in thought. He smiled and rested his head back on Leorio's chest. "I like it."

A/N:
Hi! This is my first oneshot based on a prompt so I hope it's good. Sorry, it's short, I'll try to make the next one longer. Please tell me how I did, I would be glad to get some feedback and suggestions! Thank you for reading!