Hot Chocolate

"Duck," Leorio said to Gon. They both hid behind a bush as snowballs were thrown at them. Snowball fights were fun. And currently, everyone was having a snowball fight. It was Leorio and Gon vs Killua and Kurapika. Though it was more Killua vs Gon. The kids were so focused on getting each other, it felt like the adults could sneak away to do what they want. And the looks they were giving each other proved that they both wanted to.

As Leorio was on the ground, rolling snow until a ball he heard a "psst" behind him. He turned to see Kurapika hiding behind a tree, gesturing towards him. Leorio glanced at Gon, who didn't seem to notice. Then he stood and walked towards Kurapika. "What?" he asked. "You know Killua is going to throw a fit if he sees us over here. The kids are very serious about snowball fights."

At that moment, Kurapika grabbed the sides of Leorio's face and pulled him into a kiss. "Let's go inside," he said as he pulled away. "It's cold and the kids won't notice if we're gone." Leorio glanced at Gon and Killua. Kurapika was right, they wouldn't notice. "Alright," he said. Kurapika smiled and dragged him to the back door.

********

"Leorio," Kurapika said. "Can you make me hot chocolate?" Leorio glanced at his boyfriend who was hanging upside down off the side of the bed. "Why can't you make it," he asked. Kurapika frowned. "Because Killua said you're the man of the relationship," he replied. Leorio looked at Kurapika. "You're a man too," he said. "Besides, it's usually the women who cook in relationships, according to stereotypes and history." "The men take care of women. And, hot chocolate isn't food." Leorio sighed. "Fine," he said. "Just get dressed."

Kurapika walked into the living room in a t-shirt and an old pair of leggings. Leorio was standing over the stove. Kurapika walked to him and peered at what he was doing. "Are you making the hot chocolate homemade?" he asked. Leorio looked at him and smiled. "Yes," he replied. "My abuela had this amazing recipe. Luckily we have everything we need here."

Kurapika looked at the things on the counter. "One of Killua's chocolate robots?" Leorio looked at the counter to what Kurapika was looking at. "Oh," he said. "Yeah. It's made by the same candy company as the chocolate bars we used." Kurapika looked up at Leorio. "He's not going to be so happy about that," he said. Leorio shrugged, "At least I put it to good use.

"Hand it to me please." Kurapika handed Leorio the chocolate. Leorio broke a piece off and put it in a pot of milk on the stove. The fire was on, making the chocolate melt almost immediately. "How much chocolate do you want?" Leorio asked. Kurapika smiled, "All of it. The whole chocolate robot." Leorio chuckled. "Okay," he said. "But are you sure it won't be too sweet?" "I'm sure."

When Leorio finished making the hot chocolate, he poured it into two mugs. He put the lid on top to keep it warm for Gon and Killua, then he and Kurapika went to cuddle on the couch and watch a movie.

In the middle of the movie, Killua and Gon came back inside. "Where did you two go," Killua asked. "It was war and you just left." They looked up at the kids. "We came inside," Kurapika responded. "It was cold. And we've been inside for an hour. You've been outside for three hours!" Killua scoffed. "Whatever," he said.

Leorio used his thumb to point into the kitchen. "There's hot chocolate on the stove," he said. "Go pour yourself a mug if you want some." Both of the kids ran into the kitchen. A few seconds later before Gon yelped. "Ow!" he said in a whiny voice. There was the sound of glass shattering and Kurapika jumped off the couch. He ran into the kitchen.

"Gon are you alright," Kurapika asked. "What happened?" Gon was ribbing his hand. "I overfilled my mug and it burnt my hand," he replied. "And when I jumped it fell and broke. Then I tried to pick up the pieces and sliced my hand."

Kurapika took Gon's hand. "Let me see," he said. "Oh... let's go get this cleaned up. Come on." He walked Gon into the bathroom. From the bathroom Leorio could hear Kurapika speak. "This might sting," he said. "But only for a second. We'll get this cleaned up in no time."

Leorio smiled to himself. And here he was supposed to be the doctor. Kurapika was so caring, like a parent. He was, in fact, perfect.