-Uhhh???-

First two chapters of my trans Leorio fanfiction. It's on AO3 but it will be posted here

Leorio felt a sting as his father's hand hit his cheek. He always hated that he hit him. Why? Because he wore a hoodie and jeans? Because that's not what a "young lady" should wear in public? Of course, that's why. This was exactly why Leorio would never tell his father that he was trans. He was too scared. Scared of how he would react. Fifteen years ago he had a daughter, so why would he want a son?

"¿Qué demonios pasa, Lea? (What the hell, Lea?)" He yelled. "¡Así no es como deberías vestirte! ¡Tú eres una dama! (This is not how you should dress! You are a lady!)" He slapped him again. Leorio shrunk back. "Pero...pero me gusta esta ropa (But...but I like these clothes)," he replied. "¿Por qué no puedo usarlos? (Why can't I wear them?)" His father scowled. "Te ves como un niño (You look like a boy)," he growled. "¡No crié a ningún niño! ( I raised no boy!)" He pushed Leorio, knocking him onto the coffee table. At that moment, Leorio's mother walked in. Normally he would've been released and he was. Until she yelled, "¡Déjalo en paz! (Leave him alone!)" She had always been nice. Using Leorio's proper name and pronouns when her husband wasn't around. It developed to be an instinct. An instinct that, at the moment, was dangerous.

Anger flashed in the eyes of Leorio's father. He looked down at Leorio. "¿Él? (Him?)" He scowled and grabbed Leorio by the collar. "¿Qué quieres decir con 'él'? (What do you mean by 'him'?) Leorio's mother gasped and used her hands to cover her mouth. She apologetically shook her head as tears filled her eyes. "Lo siento. Lo siento (I'm sorry)," she muttered. Leorio smiled. At least she remembered. That was the last thought he had before he was thrown to the ground. " ¡No eres un niño! (You are not a boy!)" Leorio began to cry. He was just being thrown around like he didn't matter. And it hurt.

He almost screamed when his father grabbed him by the rim of his hoodie and ripped it off along with his t-shirts. "¿Vendas (Bandages)?" he yelled. "¿Llevas vendas (Are you wearing bandages)?" He ripped the bandages off. Leorio grabbed his chest. He was kicked into the wall where his back hit a bunch of hung-up photos. The glass shattered, making Leorio winch in pain. His father yelled again, "¿Qué te parecen esos? ¿Es eso algo que un niño tendría? (What do those look like to you? Is that something a boy would have?)"

Leorio hugged his knees to his chest. "S-soy repungnante (I'm disgusting)," he muttered. "Lo se (I know)." "Así es (That's correct)," his father said. "Ve a tu habitación, Lea. Me desagradas (Go to your room, Lea. You disgust me)." Leorio stood, grabbed the hoodie, and scrambled upstairs. He ran into the bathroom, shutting the door behind him. He held a hand to his chest but pulled back in disgust. He hated it. He didn't want breasts. He wanted to have male body parts. He wanted the proper surgeries. He hated his dad and his dad hated him. His dad hated his anxiety and his anxiety tics. Now his dad hated that he was trans. And Leorio decided that he didn't want to live here anymore. He wiped a tear from his eyes and stood.

Leorio grabbed a small garbage bag. He opened the medicine cabinet and stuffed the bag with his anxiety medication and antidepressants. He also grabbed the bandages, wrapping them around his chest and back before putting them in the bag. He also put in rubbing alcohol, cotton balls, a hairbrush, hair tie, a toothbrush, toothpaste, and a few pads leaving just enough for his mother. He opened the door and could hear his parents talking downstairs.

"Eso fue innecesario (that was unnecessary)," he could hear his mother say. His father responded and it was known he was still angry, "Ella debe aprender su lugar. Esa ropa no era apropiada para una dama. Ella también necesita meterse en su cabeza que una dama no debería ser médico. (She should learn her place. Those clothes were not appropriate for a lady. She also needs to get in her head that a lady shouldn't be a doctor.)" "Quiere ser un niño. Debemos respetar eso (He wants to be a boy. We should respect that)." Leorio flinched at the sound of a slap. "Ella no es un niño y nunca lo será. Si te oigo llamarla 'él' de nuevo, te mataré (She is not a boy and never will be. If I hear you call her 'he' again, I'll kill you)."