Karenpika

Gon and Killua jumped out of the car. They didn't hesitate to get inside the McDonald's as soon as Leorio parked the car. Kurapika giggled at this and followed them. Leorio was last to get out. When he walked in, Killua, Gon, and Kurapika were already ordering.

Kurapika called Leorio over. "Are you getting anything," he asked. Leorio shook his head. "No," he replied, Kurapika gave him a look. "Don't worry, it's not for any bad reason. I just don't like McDonald's. I had it first when I was seventeen. Overrated." "You have to eat something," Kurapika said. "It's unhealthy." "I'm sure waiting until we get home to eat is healthier than this junk. I'll get a table."

Leorio walked away from the others. He found a table, a good enough size for all four to sit. He sat down and pulled out his phone. He had missed texts from his coworkers.
D: Hey, you okay? You're not at work.
Quinton: Are you coming to work today? If not you need to tell someone.
Riley: Why aren't you at work? Hello? Hello!?

Leorio sighed and messaged them all back. All with the same excuse. He would be taking a short break due to mental health issues. He would be back in at least two days. And, he was sorry.

Not a minute later, his friends and husband came to his table with food. Kurapika set a small bag down in front of him. "I know you didn't want anything," he said. "But I got you a medium fry anyway." Leorio smiled. "Thank you," he replied. He took the fries as everyone else sat.

Gon shoved a chicken nugget in his mouth. "Leorio," he said. Kurapika glared at him. "Hold on Gon," he said. "Don't talk with food in your mouth." Gon frowned and swallowed his food. "Leorio," he repeated. "You got a new job, right? How is it?" Leorio gulped. "Well uh-" Kurapika interrupted. "I got a job," he said. Gon and Killua turned their attention to him. "What is it," Killua asked.

Kurapika smiled. "I'm a substitute teacher," he said. "I thought I needed a job. I've always dreamed of being a teacher but I couldn't decide what grade or subject. So I thought, why not do all?"

Killua pulled out his sandwich. He opened it and groaned. "They put mustard on it," he said. "Whatever." Kurapika looked at him. "Well tell them to remake it," he said. Killua shrugged. "It's fine." Kurapika shook his head. "It's not fine. You asked for no mustard." "I don't care." "I do. Give me the sandwich." "No."

Kurapika snatched the sandwich from Killua's hands, leaving the boy shocked. He walked up to the counter and called someone over. Leorio couldn't hear what they were saying. Soon enough he got the feeling he should head over.

When he got close enough he heard Kurapika yelling. He flinched at the sudden noise. "Sunshine," he said walking up to his husband. "Calm down. It's not even your food." Kurapika turned to Leorio, smiled, and spoke. "Yes," he said. "But Killua specifically asked for no mustard. And this worker still messed it up!"

Leorio turned to the person at the counter. Just a teenage boy, who looked like he was going to cry. Leorio looked back at his husband. "He's just a kid," he said. "Leave him alone. Killua said it was fine." Kurapika huffed and turned away. Then walked back to the table. Leorio sighed and looked at the kid. "I'm so sorry," he said. "You know blondes." The teen snorted. "It's fine sir," he said. "It was my mistake."

"No, it wasn't," Leorio said. "Here take this for your troubles. It's not much, I know but I'd take it." He handed the kid twenty dollars and smiled. The boy smiled and nodded. "Thanks," he said. With that Leorio walked back to the table.