Head Trauma

Hello, y'all, time for your hurt comfort that most of you might skip because of triggers (and that's okay!/gen)
TW: Anxiety attack and/or depersonalization, I actually don't know (sorry)??? Puking, blood, head, and other injuries.

Leorio gripped the sink and stared into the mirror. Everything around him was a blur. Even he was a blur. He felt dizzy and confused. He touched his face, just to make sure that he was there. He found it difficult to breathe. He needed his meds.

Leorio's hands were shaking as he reached towards the medicine cabinet. His hand missed and hit the mirror. It cracked and Leorio could feel his hand hurt. As he was going to look at it, he fell. His head hit the bathtub and he felt worse. Like he was going to puke. And he did just a few seconds later.

The door opened and Kurapika ran in. He crouched down and lifted Leorio's head with his hand. "Leorio, baby, can you hear me," he asked, panic in his voice. "Can you hear me, baby? Oh, no. No no no. Do something if you can hear me, please baby. Blink twice or something."

Leorio couldn't understand what his husband was saying. He couldn't understand anything. He still couldn't breathe and was shaking. Hitting his head definitely made things worse.

Kurapika pulled his phone out of his pocket and dialed a number. "Hello, 9-1-1, uhm, I need an ambulance, ASAP," he said. "Uh, the address." He told the person on the other end the address. "The emergency? My husband, uh, he hit his head and there's a lot of blood. Everywhere. And he threw up. He's not responding to me but he's breathing. I just need an ambulance. Please."

Leorio closed his eyes. He felt that he was about to pass out anyway. He was drifting in and out of consciousness. And eventually, he just passed out.

Kurapika hung up the phone and looked back at Leorio. He frowned and lifted Leorio's hand. He let go and it fell back to the floor. "Oh, God," he said. "Oh, God." He took a deep breath to keep himself from crying. The ambulance would be there soon. No need to panic.

Kurapika moved Leorio to the side. He had read somewhere that it's best to make sure someone who had hit their head is lying down. Besides, it would be good to clean before the ambulance got there. Kurapika would want to stay with Leorio the entire time.

By the time the ambulance arrived, Kurapika had cleaned up all the puke and some of the blood. When he heard the door open, he ran into the hall. "Upstairs please," he called. "My husband is up here!"

The medics made it upstairs and Leorio was brought to the ambulance. Kurapika rode with them to the hospital.

TRIGGERS OVER!!!

Leorio woke up in the hospital. He immediately closed his eyes due to the brightness of the lights. He put a hand over his eyes too, that's what caught Kurapika's attention. He jumped up and went over to the bed. "Hey, baby," he said. "How do you feel?"

"I feel shitty," Leorio replied. "Can you turn the lights off?"

Kurapika nodded. "Oh, of course!" He walked over to the light switch and turned it off. He walked right back over to his husband. "Is that better?"

Leorio moved his arm and opened one eye. It was good enough. "Yeah, that's good. So, uh, what happened?"

"You hit your head," Kurapika said. "I think you had an anxiety attack this morning. I thought I'd give you some space then I heard you fall. You lost some blood but I was able to donate some."

Leorio chuckled. "You can donate blood to anyone," he said. "Nothing special."

"Yeah, yeah. I've heard it a hundred times. I'm the universal donor, you're the universal receiver."

"We were practically made for each other," Leorio joked.

Kurapika giggled. "Yeah, we were. Oh, the other doctors said that you might need stitches. You could also have a concussion."

"You bet your ass that I will. How long was I out?"

"A few hours. Possibly six or seven."

"God damn. So, when can we go home?"

"Uh, after a nurse checks you out. Then a doctor. If you're good, then we can go."

"Then call the nurse. There's a button."

Kurapika called the nurse in and she checked Leorio. She then called in the doctor.

"Hello, Leorio," Dr. Samson said. "I expected to see you here for work."

"Good morning, Riley. Sorry, I couldn't make it to work, had an accident. Some head trauma is involved."

Riley laughed. "Good to se that you have a sense of humor still," she said. "Both D and Quinton were worried."

"So where are they?"

"Oh, uh, I actually don't know. I think D is doing a MRI on another patient. Quinton remains a mystery."

"As always. I still have no idea why you don't refer to them as DQ yet."

"I never thought of it, actually. Good thing to know."

"Get on to whatever you need to do, I want to get home."

Riley walked over to the side of the hospital bed and began to work. As she did, she made some conversation. "So," she said, looking up at Kurapika. "You must be the husband."

Kurapika nodded, "Yeah. Leorio and I are married."

"Yeah, I've heard a bunch about you. It's good to know that you're happily married."

Kurapika smiled. "It's nice to be happily married."

"Indeed. My husband and I are happy as well. We're actually moving next month."

"What do you mean you're moving," Leorio asked. "You're the team leader."

"I plan to talk with the rest of the team today," Riley said. "Don't worry about it."

"I- shouldn't I be there?"

"On Wednesday we'll talk about it as a whole, that is if you feel better."

"I'll feel better by tomorrow."

"I appreciate your commitment to this job but you won't be better. You have a concussion. But I'm going to send you home."

"Okay. Let's go. I can give Kurapika any information he needs until I get better. Now let's go home."

Wasn't quite sure how to end this 💃🏽🕺🏽