Preparing

"So, we already have a crib," Kurapika said. "What else should we get?"

Currently, he and Leorio were shopping. Shopping for a baby. Leorio sighed. "I thought I already bought a bunch of baby stuff," he said.

Kurapika smiled. "You bought a crib and silverware, plates, and crap," he said. "We should get clothes, shoes, bottles, et cetera."

"Shouldn't we wait until we actually have a baby to buy clothes?"

"Not necessarily. We can buy both girl and boy clothes in different sizes."

"And what do we do with the clothes we don't need?"

Kurapika sighed. "We sell them, duh," he responded. "You of all people should know that it's the most logical thing to do."

Leorio nodded. "Right," he said. "We sell them. Let's get the necessary things first. Wait to get clothes."

Kurapika smiled. "Fine," he said. "Let's go get bottles and stuff." He was practically skipping through the aisles.

Leorio could tell that his husband was excited. He had made sure to put contacts in before going to the store.

Leorio was tired, he had spent a long night at work. He got about two hours of sleep before being dragged to the store. But anything to keep Kurapika happy.

Kurapika looked over at Leorio. "Which bottles should we buy," he asked. "I think the ones with the safari animals are cute."

"The giraffes and lions? The one's smiling?"

"Yeah," Kurapika said. He lifted the pack. "There's three. We should get different ones too. You can pick."

Leorio looked at the shelves. There was a lot of different packs of bottles. "Can we get the ones with sea animals," he asked.

Kurapika shrugged. "Two animal designs," he asked. "Really?"

"Hey, you said I could pick which ones."

"Fine. Those are cute anyway."

Leorio took the pack off of the shelf and placed them in the cart.

Leorio and Kurapika continued shopping. They bought all kinds of baby things. Bibs, diapers, and toys. All decorated with either animals or cartoon characters. They also bought children's picture books. Kurapika was very excited about the books. He was even more excited when it came to the clothes and shoes.

"Leorio," he called out. "Look at this jacket. Isn't it the cutest?"

"It is but do we need a jacket? We don't know what season it'll be when we actually have a kid."

"It should be sometime is winter, maybe."

"Kurapika. We still need to find the card. Who knows how long that'll take. Also, we have no idea how it works. It could take a while."

Kurapika shrugged. "I don't care," he said. "The jacket is cute."

"What if we have a boy?"

Kurapika threw the jacket into the cart, completely disregarding what Leorio said. He continued to look at all the clothes. Dresses, t-shirts, leggings, jeans, skirts, and more jackets. They all went into the cart. The favorite (which Kurapika had got for both a boy and a girl, just in case) was a short that read "I Love My 2 Dads."

Kurapika loved the shoes. "Look at how small they are," he said. "They're so cute!"

Leorio smiled. "Yes, they are," he said. "Now pick out a few so we can check out. Then get ready to leave when we get home."

Kurapika nodded. "Okay, okay," he said. "Do you think these pink ones will match that dress? The one with the silver."

"They look the same shade," Leorio said. "Lemme see." He took the shoes and compared them to the dress. "Yeah, they match."

"I'm so glad you understood that I meant shade and not just color."

"Of course. I'm not an idiot."

Kurapika smiled and walked over to Leorio. He stood on his toes and kissed Leorio on the cheek. "I'm so happy," he said. "I love you so much."

"I love you too, Sunshine."