Brushing Hair

A/N: I am only on Wattpad, which is free. Just wattpad.com

Leorio was sitting at the barstool table in the kitchen. He was watching him do the dishes. He was almost done with them after what seemed to be thirty minutes.

Kurapika rinsed the last dish then put it on the dish drainer. He turned and smiled. "What are you looking at," he asked with a laugh. He grabbed a hand towel off the counter.

"Your hair," Leorio said. "It's gotten longer."

Kurapika frowned and lifted a strand. "Has it," he asked. "Do you think it needs cut?"

Leorio shook his head, "No. I want to braid it."

Kurapika put down his hand towel. "Do you even know how to braid," he asked.

"Of course I do. I used to braid my sisters' hair all the time. I would help my mom get them ready for school in the morning."

"Mhm. Do you want to go into the living room so you can?"

Leorio smiled and he perked up. "Yes," he said. "I do."

Kurapika giggled and walked over. He kissed Leorio's cheek. "You're like a dog," he said. "We should put a color on you."

"Only if you're into that."

Kurapika playfully pushed Leorio. "You're disgusting," he said. "Not everything is about sex you horndog."

Leorio laughed. "Come on," he said. "Let's go. You sit on the floor in front of the couch."

Kurapika left the kitchen and walked into the living room. He sat in front of the couch and Leorio sat behind him. "I still can't believe that we got such a nice house," Kurapika said.

Leorio smiled. "You can thank me," he said. "Being a doctor and all."

"I have a job too!"

"Not before we moved here. Anyway, can you hand me a brush?"

"From where? We're in the living room."

"On the little shelf under the top of the table. There should be one next to the remote."

Kurapika looked. To his surprise, there was a comb right next to the remote. He grabbed it and handed it to Leorio.

Leorio smiled. "Perfecto," he said.

"I haven't heard you speak Spanish in a hot minute. I like it."

"Nunca te entregaré. Nunca te decepcionaré."

"What?"

"Nothing. Now keep your head still and look forward. If you want you can turn on the tv."

"I don't think I need to," he said. "I'll just talk to my amazing husband."

Leorio smiled and began to brush Kurapika's hair. "Wow," he said. "Your hair is so easy to comb through. Nothing like my family."

"I use good shampoo and conditioner."

"I can tell." He began to part Kurapika's hair. Three different sections. Slowly and precisely he overlayed each piece. It took maybe fifteen minutes until he was done. Once he was he sat back and examined his work.

"Stay right there," Leorio said. "I'm going to grab a rubber band to tie it." He stood and ran to the bathroom. He grabbed a small black rubber band. One of the ones children use to make bracelets. He walked back to the living room and put the band at the end of Kurapika's braid.

Leorio clapped his hands. "I'm done," he said. "Go look."

Kurapika smiled and went to look in the mirror. He was followed by Leorio, who stood by the bathroom entrance waiting for a reaction.

Kurapika looked at his hair the best he could. He grinned. "You did great, baby," he said. He walked over to Leorio and kisses him on the cheek, once again. "It's so amazing and I feel so pretty."

Leorio smiled and clapped his hands again. "Thank you," he said. "And you are pretty. All the time."

Kurapika smiled. He planned to keep his hair like this. Maybe ask Leorio to do the braid again. Or a different hairstyle. Either way, he knew that he would feel pretty.