Santa Clause?

"Leorio! Kurapika!" Gon ran towards the two older males, Killua following behind. "I missed you!" Leorio chuckled. "What do you mean?" he asked. "It's only been two weeks." Gon groaned, "A long two weeks." Kurapika smiled and squatted down. "Hey, Gon,"  he said. "How have you and Killua been at Mito's?"

Gon smiled. "We've been having a lot of fun," he said. "One-time Killua and I stayed up all night in the forest. We made smores over fires! We caught lightning bugs! And all in winter! Whale Island is really warm and I love it! But then Aunt Mito came outside to find us and we got scolded! She talks to Killua like she's his guardian too! She nags people a lot! She's coming over for Christmas at your guy's house, right?"

Kurapika looked fondly at the boy. "Of course," he said. "I would love to meet her." Killua snickered behind them. "I'm sure she would like you," Killua said. "I mean you're both like nagging mothers." Kurapika stood, giving Killua a stern look. "I am not like a mom," he said. "For one, I'm a guy. Biologically." Leorio chuckled. "You are like a mom," he said. "Do you listen to the way you talk to me about Max? It's like you're raising a kid."

Kurapika looked at Leorio with his hands on his hips. "What?" Leorio asked. Kurapika smiled without a response. That made Leorio nervous.

By now, Gon was jumping up and down. "Can we go to your house now?" he asked. "I want to see Max again!" Leorio smiled. "Yeah let's go, buddy," he said and walked away with the boy. Killua and Kurapika followed.

Gon ran inside the house. "Where's Max?" he asked. Kurapika laughed. "He's in his crate," he replied. "It's by the back door." Gon frowned. "Isn't it a little rude to keep an animal in a cage?" he asked. "What if he's too big." Kurapika laughed. "It's a big crate," he said. "And he's a small puppy. I don't think he'll grow out of it. Besides he has a toy and a bone in there." Gon smiled and ran down the hall to the dog cage.

Leorio looked at Kurapika. "What did I tell you about putting things in Max's crate?" Kurapika chuckled. "But listen to what Gon said," he replied. "I didn't want Max to get sad."

Gon sat on the ground, playing with Max. Killua was playing games on his phone while Leorio and Kurapika watched a movie. "So, Gon," Kurapika said. "What are you getting for Christmas?" Gon looked up at him. "I don't know," he said. "Santa always gives you surprise gifts!"

Silence fell over the room, all that could be heard was the movie. Leorio and Kurapika exchanged glances. "Santa?" Leorio asked. Gon smiled. "Yeah," he said. "Santa always brings me presents!" Leorio looked at Killua. "Killua," he said. "Can you meet me in the hall?" Killua nodded and followed Leorio into the hall.

"What is it," KIllua asked. Leorio looked at Gon. "Does Gon still believe in Santa," he asked. Killua nodded. "Yes," he replied. "Aunt Mito never told him and he's sooo innocent. I don't have the heart to tell him, not so close to Christmas." He walked away before Leorio could reply.

Leorio walked back, Kurapika talking to Gon. "-he brought me this huge bike! I crashed it a week later though. But Santa ate half of the cookies even though they were burnt. He even took the carrots for the reindeer." Kurapika smiled. "I guess Santa likes you," he said.

Leorio sat next to Kurapika, who immediately looked at him. "So?" he asked. Leorio sighed. "Neither Mito nor Killua want us to tell him," he replied. "I suppose we shouldn't then. Let's just support his beliefs." Kurapika smiled and set his head on Leorio's shoulder. 

"I suppose we should," he said. "It would be good practice." Leorio looked at him. "What do you mean by that?" he asked. Kurapika looked up at him. "Well," he said. "We're getting married. So we could maybe have kids." Leorio smiled, "Maybe." Definitely.