-20 Questions-

Part 2 of -See You In Hell
Sort of presmut

A car crash. Down the street. In the middle of the night. When questioned the couple in the accident claimed a weird figure ran in front of their car. A demon, they said. With horns and a tail and a petite figure. It was claimed they were on drugs. But Leorio knew otherwise. It was the demon from before. Kurapika, was his name. And after a week he was back to causing trouble.

Leorio looked away from the television. Slow news tonight. Helpful to him, he knew Kurapika was close. But not close enough. It was 2:37 am. The car had crashed around 1:00. That demon was far gone by now.

Leorio sighed and let his eyes wander around the gas station. It was small and the walls were just windows looking out to the parking lot on one side. A sign that flickered Open was hung outside. What a cheap town he had landed himself in. Chasing after that demon was a pain.

Leorio's eyes locked on a pack of cigarettes. He reached his hand out to them but stopped himself. He wasn't allowed to smoke any more. That was an addiction he had when he was alive. Along with other addictions. But apparently, he saved enough lives as a doctor to get into heaven. Still, here he was now. Trying to fulfill a quest to get back up there. And all for something that he didn't know he did wrong.

Leorio moved his hand and grabbed a bag of chips. He walked up to pay. The old man at the register wore a plaid button-up and straw hat. He was asleep, his head cradled in the bend of his arm, drool dripping from the side of his mouth. Leorio's mouth twisted in disgust. No decency among these people. He rang the bell and cleared his throat as he adjusted his tie. The man jumped up. He looked up at Leorio and grinned with broken, yellow teeth. Leorio did not return the smile. To the man, this must have been intimidating as he dropped the smile.

"What can I get ya," the old man asked. Leorio threw the bag on the counter. "Just this please," he said. "I'm starving." Starving. He was always starving. After losing his job...

The elder handed the chips back to Leorio after they were paid for. "You're not from around here are ya," he noticed. Leorio shook his head. "Where ya from?" Leorio raised a brow. All he wanted was some chips, not an interview. "New York," he replied. The man nodded. "What brings you down here?" "Looking for someone." "Should try askin' someone. Issa small town. Someone outta seen 'em."

Leorio pulled out a photo. He got this in Las Vegas. It was Kurapika, of course, a photo he had dropped while running from his mess. Sn older photo. Still in black and white. It pictured Kurapika in a field. It must've been when the demon was alive.

Leorio slid it across the counter. "Have you seen him," he asked. The old man examined the photo. He looked up. "Got one in color," he asked. Leorio sighed. "Blue eyes, blonde hair, sort of pale, probably wearing black and red," he said. "Have you seen him?" The man slid the picture back. "Nuh-uh," he replied. "Hope ya find 'em." Leorio pursed his lips and nodded.

********

It was around 3 am when Leorio found Kurapika. He was in an abandoned warehouse. Leorio just happened to want to find shelter too. He walked in just to see a fire flickering. Cast in the orange light was Kurapika. They made eye contact before Kurapika jumped to his feet. Leorio raised his hands in surrender. "I'm not here to catch you," he said. "Just to rest."

Kurapika held out his pitchfork. He pointed it to the ground across from him. "Stay on the other side of the fire," he said. "Right there." Leorio sat where he was told. Kurapika sat across from him, not letting his weapon out of sight. Leorio shifted his position and Kurapika's hand shot out to the handle. Leorio chuckled. "Your attitude is different," he mentioned. "What happened to old Kurapika? The one from Orlando?" He was shot a glare. "He's on break right now," he spat. "I'd wait five minutes."