Hidden Away

Kurapika looked under the bed and groaned. He sat up. "Leorio," he called. "Have you seen my black flats?"

"No," Leorio responded. "Can't you wear a different pair of shoes?"

"No! I need those!"

"Check the broom closet down here! I might've put old shoes in there!"

"They aren't old!"

"Just look!"

Kurapika stood and ran down the steps. He walked to the broom closet in the living room. Leorio was sitting on the couch, waiting for him. "There's the princess," he said.

Kurapika tolled his eyes. "Hello, Leo," he said. "You do mean this closet right?"

"No," Leorio responded. "I meant the closet I came out of a few years ago."

"Haha. Very funny."

Leorio smiled. "Yeah, I am funny," he said. "Your shoes are probably in there."

Kurapika opened the closet. Leorio was right, his shoes were in there, just not on the floor. His shoes were on the top shelf next to a box. He stood on his toes to grab them. As he grabbed the shoes, the box fell too.

Kurapika slightly screamed. "Oh my God," he said. "That scared me. I thought it was going to hit me."

Leorio sighed. "Just put it back and get your shoes on," he said. "We need to go."

Kurapika leaned over and grabbed the box. "What is this anyway," he mumbled. "Oh. It's the stuff for Greed Island. I was wondering where this went."

"We can check it out later," Leorio said. "But now we need to go."

Kurapika frowned and glanced over at Leorio. "Why haven't we gone yet," he asked.

Leorio groaned. "Because we've been busy," he said. "And I've been to the hospital twice. Recovering from a concussion and then a stab wound. And there was that rat thing, that bothered you so much."

Kurapika shrugged. "I guess so," he said. "But can we go soon?"

"Sure. I know you've been waiting. But now, put on your shoes. We need to go before we're late."

"It's not that big of a deal. We can be a little late."

"Kurapika, this is my little sister's graduation. I want to be there on time."

"Okay, okay." Kurapika set down the box and put on his shoes. He walked over to the door. Then he and Leorio were on their way.