|Alcohol|

TW: Alcoholism and Drug Use

Kurapika opened the door to his room and peered out. Leorio was sitting on the couch, a bottle in hand. He'd been drinking more often as of lately. Kurapika didn't know the reason. All he knew was that it would soon get unhealthy.

He walked out into the hall. Leorio looked at him and smiled. "Hey, baby," he said. "Come here." He patted the spot next to him and Kurapika sat. "You stink," he said, scrunching his nose. He leaned back, avoiding the stench.

Leorio frowned. "Don't move away," he said. "I love you." Kurapika stood and took a step back. "I love you too," he said. "You can sleep on the couch tonight. I'm sure you'll pass out on it, anyway." With that, he walked back to his room.

Instead of sleeping, Kurapika sat on the bed and began to cry. He wanted Leorio to stop. Leorio never hurt or sexually harassed Kurapika. He always cleaned up whatever mess he made when he woke up. But it was too much. Leorio was rarely himself anymore. And Kurapika didn't have the heart to tell him that he was turning into his father.

Kurapika cried himself to sleep. He was tired of it. So very tired.

In the morning, Kurapika woke to a knock on his bedroom door. Leorio slowly opened it, looking in. "Good morning, Sunshine," he said. Kurapika wrapped the blanket around him. "Morning," he grumbled. Leorio walked in and sat on the bed. "I'm sorry," he said.

Kurapika turned to look at his boyfriend. "I know," he said. "But I wish you would stop. It's concerning how much you've been drinking." "Yeah, I guess it is," Leorio sounded guilty, upset even. "I'm trying to fix it."

Kurapika huffed. "You aren't trying," he said. "Trying is doing something." "You're right. I can cut back." "Will that work?" "Maybe? I'm not sure." "That's not good enough."

Leorio bit his lip. "Well," he said. "Then-then I'll go to rehab." Kurapika turned and sat up. "Leorio, you're not an alcoholic." "I think I might be. Even if I'm not, it wouldn't hurt to try. I love you and I'll do whatever I need to so that you're happy."

Kurapika softly smiled, "Okay." He gave Leorio a quick peck on the lips.