Planning... Again

"I want the wedding to be soon," Kurapika said. "Like really soon. Preferably, before spring." Leorio wrote something down. "What about... January tenth?" Kurapika bit his lip. "Don't you think that's too soon," he asked. "The guests need to get something to wear. We need something to wear. I don't know what to wear. Plus the reservations." Leorio smiled. "It'll be fine," he said. "We don't have that many guests to invite. And we'll find something to wear. And we already have a venue. We just need music, chefs, and... That's all."

Kurapika frowned. "What about the bachelor parties," he asked. "Well, I'll be inviting women to mine. Would that make it a bachelorette party? Or a bachelor and bachelorette party?" Leorio chuckled and pulled Kurapika close. "It's whatever you want to call it," he said. "And as it is 'tradition' we don't need to have the parties before the wedding. It's not like it's illegal or anything." "But I want to have them before," Kurapika whined. "Can we?" Leorio smiled. "Of course," he said. "When do you want them? Not the night before. I'll be wanting alcohol at mine."

Kurapika shrugged. "What about the eighth," he suggested. "But afterward I don't want to see you until our wedding." Leorio smiled. "That sounds great," he said. "So now we just need suits. Or whatever you might want to wear." "Hmm," Kurapika said. "I was thinking of something gender-neutral. Not a dress or a suit-" "You can stop yourself right there," Leorio interrupted. "It has to be a surprise. Big whatever it is. I can't wait to see you in it."

Kurapika gave a sly grin before kissing Leorio. "And I hope to see you in a different suit," he jokingly said. Leorio kissed Kurapika's head. "You will," he replied. "I swear on everything." "But you can be cheap sometimes." Leorio frowned at this remark. "Am not," he protested. "I'm just precious about money. I can decide which the better option is to spend less." "Cheap." "Poor. Broke. I grew up in poverty." Kurapika paused. He had forgotten. "Sorry," he mumbled. Leorio sighed. "It's okay," he replied. "I'm not anymore. The feeling will just never leave."

They both fell silent until Leorio cleared his throat. "Okay," he said. "Guestlist. Gon, Killua, and Alluka. Obviously-" "Can Alluka be the flower girl?" Kurapika asked excitedly. "I'm sure she'd be so happy if she was!" Leorio tapped his pen on the notebook. "Maybe," he said. "But can my little sister also be a flower girl?" "Of course. What about a ring bearer?" "Zushi?" "Well, he's a little over seven..." "He's only ten." "Fine," Kurapika said. "Zushi can be the ring bearer."

They continued to write down their plans. Talking and making calls. They even got Melody to play for them. They were so happy. And they would just get happier.