Perfect In Pink

Prompt: A Halloween Oneshot; Killua challenges Kurapika

"Bye Gon," Leorio said. "Bye Killua. Have a good time trick or treating. Be safe!" He waved goodbye as the kids walked down the street in their costumes. They had the best costumes. A devil and an angel. It almost made Leorio's heart melt. He loved those kids. It was a weird thing to say but he did.

He waiting until Killua and Gon turned the street corner before he went back inside. They should be able to handle themselves. At least Killua should.

Leorio shut the door and turned around. Where was Kurapika? He usually watched the kids go off on Halloween.

Leorio walked down the hall. He stopped when he noticed the bathroom door was open. Kurapika was inside looking at the mirror and... curling his hair?

"What are you doing," Leorio asked.

Kurapika jumped. "Don't scare me like that," he said. "Especially if I have a hot object."

Leorio leaned against the doorframe. "Answer my question," he said.

Kurapika set down the curling iron. "Getting in my costume," he replied.

Leorio followed Kurapika as he walked to the bedroom. "What costume," he asked. "Are you going to a party?"

Kurapika shook his head. "No, I'm going trick or treating."

Leorio chuckled. "Aren't you a little too old for trick or treating," he asked. "You're twenty-two."

Kurapika looked up at him. "I don't look it," he said. "Tell me, Leorio. If you saw me in public how old would you think I am? Without knowing me."

Leorio thought for a moment. "At least fourteen," he said. "A fourteen-year-old girl."

Kurapika smiled. "Exactly," he replied. "And it's not like I chose to go. I was challenged."

Leorio sat on the bed. "By who," he asked.

Kurapika opened the closet. "By Killua," he said. "He challenged me to see who can get more candy by the end of the night. Him and Gon or me."

"Really?"

"Yes. And you're taking me."

Leorio raised an eyebrow. "Am I," he asked. "Then get your costume on and don't stand there naked."

Kurapika glared at him. "I will," he said. "Give me a second."

"Ooo panties," Leorio said, noticing what Kurapika was putting on. "How cute."

"Shut up," Kurapika said. "Just let me get ready." "

"Why of course," Leorio said. "But just one more question. What's your costume?"

Kurapika smiled. "Turn around," he said. "It's a surprise. You'll see if you give me a chance to get ready."

Leorio turned around to face the wall opposite of Kurapika. There were a few minutes of clothes rustling and drawer opening before Kurapika spoke. "Okay," he said. "You can look now."

Leorio turned around and smiled. "Wow," he said. "You make such a pretty princess."

Kurapika smiled. He was wearing a pink dress, one with sparkles and short sleeves. On top of his head was a silver crown with pink jewels. Leorio could see how the curls fit into the costume.

Kurapika adjusted the crown on his head. "Thank you," he said. "Now I want you to drive me around when we go. It'll be cold out."

"Don't you have a coat," Leorio asked.

Kurapika shrugged. "Yes," he said. "But I need you for my plan."

"What plan?"

"A plan to get a lot of candy," Kurapika replied. "I used to do this a lot. After that stuff with my clan and all."

Leorio stood next to Kurapika and kissed his forehead.

Kurapika pulled away. "Sorry," he said. "But none of that tonight. I need you to pretend to be my father. But you won't have to act. I just don't want anyone to see you doing that."

Leorio frowned. "What do you mean," he asked. "How am I supposed to pretend to be your dad?"

Kurapika walked out of the room. "You look old enough," he said. "All I'll say is that you're my father. Don't sweat it. Daddy."

Leorio looked at Kurapika. "I hate you," he said.

Kurapika looked up at him as he put on a matching coat. "No you don't," he replied. "You love me."

Leorio rolled his eyes. "Come on," he said, grabbing his keys. "Let's go."

******

Kurapika tugged on Leorio's sleeve. "Here," he said pointing at a house. "This should be a good spot." They had been out for some time now, getting candy. Kurapika was sure he was going to win. For Gon and Killua, a king-sized candy bar was worth three small bars. And Kurapika had five. And a ton of smaller candies as well.

"I'll be back in a few minutes," Kurapika said climbing out of the car.

He walked up to a house where a woman was giving out candy. He took a deep breath and put a smile on his face. "Trick or treat," he said holding out a bag.

The woman smiled at him. "Your costume is so cute," she said. "I've never seen you around here before."

Kurapika smiled. "Well," he said making his voice a bit higher. "I haven't been here in a few years. I used to come here with my mother before she died. Father recently just started taking me again."

The woman frowned. "Aw," she said. "I'm sorry to hear that. Here you go."

The woman opened her hand and poured candy into Kurapika's bag. "Happy Halloween."

Kurapika closed his bag and smiled at the woman. "Thank you," he said. "And happy Halloween to you as well. Have a good night ma'am."

Kurapika turned around and raced back to the car. He sat down and placed his bag at his feet. "Okay," he said. "I think we got enough. Gon and Killua are staying the night at Zushi's house. We'll count it in the morning." Kurapika slipped off his coat. "Just make sure I don't eat any when we get home."

Leorio glanced at him. "Don't worry," he said. "I won't. Actually, I"ll make sure you aren't in your costume for long when we get back."

Kurapika raised an eyebrow. "Will you now," he asked.

Leorio chuckled. "If that's okay with you," he said.

Kurapika smiled. "Of course it is."

A/N: This was rushed and it's late (because Halloween was two hours ago at least). And I am very sorry. I can assure you that part two will come as soon as possible. Thank you for reading! (Kurapika won the challenge btw)