-Runaway-/Please Read A/N

AU: Two childhood best friends decide to run away together

"I don't know," Kurapika said. "Is that really a good idea?" He pulled a card and moved his game piece. Across from him, his best friend of nine years made his move. "Uh yeah," he said as if the answer were obvious. "I think it's a great idea! If we did this I could get away from my dad! And you... could provide me company and support."

Kurapika shrugged. "But how would we even go about it," he asked and moved his piece four spaces forward. Leorio smiled. "Well," he said. "I could steal money from my dad's wallet. With it, we could buy bus tickets." Kurapika frowned. "Where would we even go," he asked. "I like it here in Yorknew." Leorio smiled. "Yeah, Yorknew is nice," he said. "But what about York Shinsisco*?"

Kurapika looked nervously at the deck, where his parents were sitting. "Don't be so loud," he said. "But... York Shinsisco? That's across the country." "I know, I know," Leorio said. "But it would be fun. It's been something all best friends dream about since like they're five!" Kurapika softly smiled at his friend. "I guess so," he replied, continuing the game. "So what's the plan?

Leorio smiled."I'll tell you," he said. "But first- I MADE IT TO THE CANDY KING!" Leorio excitedly stood as he exclaimed this. Kurapika covered his mouth and giggled. "Congrats," he said. "Do you wanna go up to my room to talk about this?" Leorio nodded and began to fold the game board as Kurapika put away the game pieces.

As they were both walking into the house, Kurapika's mom looked at them. "Where are you boys going," she asked. Kurapika looked at her. "We're going to my room," he replied. Kurapika's mom smiled. "Okay," she said. "Just don't do anything you'll regret." "Mom," Kurapika said. "We're only fourteen!" "Technically I'm fifteen," Leorio added.

Kurapika elbowed him in the ribs. "Only by a month," he said. Leorio sighed. "A month, a day, eleven hours, and seven minutes," he replied. Kurapika gave him a weird look. "Creep," he mumbled. Leorio shrugged and opened the sliding glass door.

The boys walked through the kitchen before going upstairs. They thought it would be nice to bring some snacks as they discussed their movie. Some potato chips and dip. They walked up to Kurapika's room. Which, by the way, looked nothing like the expected teen's room.

"No matter how many times I'm here I always get amazed by your room," Leorio said. Kurapika glanced at him as he sat on his bed. "What is that supposed to mean?" he asked. Leorio shrugged, "Nothing." Kurapika rolled his eyes. "Whatever," he replied. "While you're up, can you turn on the television?" Leorio turned on the TV and sat next to Kurapika.

"Why must you always sound so dignified," he asked sarcastically. A light blush crept onto Kurapika's face. "Saying television isn't dignified," he said. "It's proper." Leorio shrugged, "The same thing."

A/N: So, I was originally going to make this a long oneshot until my sibling gave me the idea to make it a short story. Based on what's written above should I do it (It'll be the same thing)? If not I will post the completed oneshot.