-Nothing Wrong-

AU: (very slight) Vampire AU
For reference at the beginning, Leorio is three while Kurapika is one. They will be children for the whole one-shot

"It's ugly," Leorio said, as his mother lifted him. "The hair is ugly." He pointed into the crib which had recently been painted scarlet. Lying in the center was another child, about one year old. The child was the kid of a family friend. A very close family friend. So Leorio's mother wasn't too amused about the insults. "Why do you say that," she asked. "What's wrong with the hair?" Leorio covered his eyes. "It's bright," he said. "Like the sun."

He was set on the floor and his mother leaned down. "It is isn't it," she said. "But you need to be nice to him. If you're not mommy will upset." Leorio glanced at the crib and then looked back up at his mom. "Okay," he cheered. "I'll be nice to it!" "Him. You'll be nice to him." Leorio nodded. "Yes," he said.

His mother lifted him again. He looked into the crib again as they walked off. He gripped the back of his mom's dress. "Mommy," he mumbled. "I'm hungry." His mother rubbed his back. "I know baby," she said. "I'll get something for you. I'll get you something."

****(Three Year Time Skip)****

Today, Leorio was bouncing off the walls. Literally. "Mommy," he said. "Mommy look! Mommy look!" His mother looked at him. Only half of her makeup was done as her son had interrupted. "What is it, sweetie," she asked. Her son, still in his pajamas, jumped up excitedly. "Look what I learned!" He jumped in the air again, but this time he never came back down. In a puff of smoke, a bat took his place.

Leorio's mother laughed. "Good job," she said. "Your father would be so proud." Leorio's feet hit the ground as he turned back. "He would," he asked, a hopeful look in his eyes. His mother nodded. "Now go wait in your room," she said. "I'll help you get ready."

Leorio sat on the floor while his mother brushed his hair. Not like it needed to be brushed, he insisted. "Why do you want to look so handsome today?" she asked. Leorio smiled. "Because I'm going hunting today!" "You always go hunting. What's so important about today?" "Today I'm going with Sunshine!" His mom giggled at the nickname her son had given his friend. It was cute.

"Does Kurapika enjoy that name," his mother asked. Leorio paused. "Hmm," he responded. "I think so. Every time I call him that his face turns red. But that could mean he's mad." His mother smiled. He would blush, how cute. She set down her brush. "Alright," she said. "I'm finished. You can go with your friends now."

Leorio stood but before leaving he turned to his mom. "Mommy," he said. "I like Pika." His mother nodded. "I know baby." "I like him. Like-like him. Is that okay?" His mother understood. It was puppy-love. A crush. "Why wouldn't that be?" "Well, Pika is a boy. I'm a boy." His mother nodded. "Boys can like each other. There's nothing wrong with it."

Leorio smiled. There was nothing wrong.