Secret Garden

Kurapika looked in the mirror, smoothing down his shirt. He and Leorio were going on a date. Their first date in a while. Leorio's concussion was much better. He had surprised Kurapika by asking him out but Kurapika just couldn't say no.

Currently, Leorio was waiting in the car for Kurapika. He planned to surprise him with the location of the date. He was a told to dress semi-formal. So, being himself, Kurapika dressed cutely and somewhat feminine. Not that he cared about looking feminine tonight. He usually didn't care unless it was something casual or very formal. A flowery-white blouse and jeans. He paired it with white earrings and white flats that had strips twisting around his ankle.

Kurapika smiled. He thought that he looked cute. He looked one more time then left the bathroom. He quickly ran outside, pulling up his hair in the process.

Leorio started up the car as Kurapika sat in the passenger's seat. He placed a hand on Kurapika's thigh. "You look good," he said. "Are you excited?"

Kurapika nodded. "Of course I am," he said. "I love you."

Leorio smiled. Kurapika looked cute and very pretty.

"How'd you find anywhere to go? We haven't even been here for half a year."

"I have my ways. Those ways are asking my co-workers."

Kurapika laughed. "Of course they are. Did they all give you the same answer?"

"No, but there was one place that popped up more than the other. That's where we're going."

Kurapika smiled. "I can't wait," he said. "Why did you finally decide to ask me out after months?"

"Because you're my husband. I love you. We deserve to go out."

"Is that the actual reason? You've lied about your reasoning for things before."

Leorio glanced at Kurapika for a quick second. "I don't do that anymore and that was just a few times."

"Okay Mister 'I only want money for alcohol and women.' Now, look at you now! Married to a man and a recovering alcoholic."

"I was never an alcoholic."

"Hm. Sure."

The rest of the ride was silent until they pulled up to where Leorio had made reservations. Kurapika looked out the window. "The Secret Garden," he read. "What is it?"

"A restaurant, obviously," Leorio said. "Come on, let's go in."

Both of them got out of the car. Leorio took Kurapika's hand and walked with him up to the desk outside of the building. The woman standing there smiled and asked, "Name?"

"Leorio Paladiknight," Leorio responded. "Seven pm. We're a bit early."

The woman nodded and grabbed two menus. "Right this way, please," she said, leading them into the building.

Kurapika frowned. There was just about nothing inside. It was a big square room with nothing. Nothing except for vines and leaves covering the walls. The ceiling was white with only a few light fixtures hanging from it.

Kurapika turned to Leorio and frowned. Leorio just smiled and continued to follow the woman. She reached the end of the room. "There's a QR code on the table," she said. "Scan it and place your order virtually, then a server will bring you your meal." She pushed on the wall behind her and a door opened. It was a slate of the wall.

Kurapika's eyes widened and he smiled. The room was beautiful. A small wooden table, perfect for two. In the corner was a miniature waterfall made of stone. The walls and the ceiling were the same as the outside.

"Enjoy," the woman said with a smile.

Kurapika and Leorio walked into the room. The door shut behind them. Kurapika turned to Leorio and smiled. "This is so cool," he exclaimed. "And pretty! Oh, wow!"

Leorio chuckled. "I knew you would like it," he said. "Saying how much you like nature."

"Like nature? Leo, I love nature! And I love this restaurant!" He wrapped his arms around Leorio's neck and pulled him into a kiss. "Thank you for bringing me here."

Leorio smiled. "Of course, Sunshine," he said. "Now let's sit so we can order."

The two ordered their food. Kurapika ordered a chicken salad and Leorio got a bowl of soup. They just sat and talked while waiting for their food.

Kurapika was excitedly ranging about something. It started with the book he was currently writing but soon changed. Though, Leorio didn't know what he was talking about. He was just focused on the look in his eyes, his facial expressions, he was so pretty.

Kurapika paused and looked at Leorio. "What is it," he asked. "Why are you looking at me like that?"

Leorio smiled. "I just think that you're so beautiful," he said. "Especially when you talk about the things you love."

Kurapika's face went red. He smiled. "You're too sweet," he said. "Thank you."

Leorio just continued giving Kurapika the same look. "Continue talking," he said. "I want to see that glint in your eyes again."

Kurapika nodded and continued to speak. Kurapika continued to glance at Leorio, his face getting redder every time.

"I'm so madly in love with you," Leorio said. "You're so beautiful and I'm so lucky."

Kurapika smiled. "Stop it," he said. "You're embarrassing me."

"No one is here."

"Well, there's a camera. Someone might be watching us."

"You're so cute when you're embarrassed. You look like a tomato."

"You think tomatoes are cute?"

Leorio laughed. "You know what I mean."

"Of course, I do."

Leorio leaned forward and cupped Kurapika's cheek in his hand. "I have to be the luckiest man alive to have you in my life," he said. "Everything that happened to me in the past is nothing compared to how happy you make me. You alone outweigh all the negativity in my life."

Kurapika averted his eyes. He was blushing and smiling like crazy. "Don't exaggerate it," he muttered.

"I'm not exaggerating," Leorio replied. Kurapika cast him a look and he chuckled. "Okay. Maybe a little bit. But I still love you enough to think that way."

"I love you too, dearest," Kurapika replied. "And, yes, you are lucky to have me."

"Don't get too full of yourself. You might lose a husband and a chance to have kids."

Kurapika frowned. "You aren't serious, are you?"

"Of course not! I love you too much!"

Kurapika smiled. He leaned across the table and kissed Leorio. "I love you too. Don't you ever leave me."

Leorio laughed. "I won't."