Actually Forgetful

Leorio cursed, slamming his phone down. Kurapika, concerned, looked up from his book. Leorio had his face buried in his hands, his hair was tangled around his fingers. "What's wrong," Kurapika asked. Leorio looked up. "Part of your birthday present isn't going to be here for a while," he said. "I've been working so hard to get it. Contacting people. Working extra hours. And all of a sudden, I can't get it when I need to." Kurapika smiled. "Don't worry," he said. "My birthday isn't that soon." Leorio raised a brow and frowned. "Kurapika," he said. "Your birthday is tomorrow."

Kurapika paused. His brow furrowed. "Is it," he asked. Leorio nodded. "Yeah," he said. "Killua, Gon, and Alluka are coming over." "I thought they were coming for Easter." "Yes, I suppose they are but it's also your birthday. April fourth." "How did I not know this?" "I have no idea. You know, like, everything." "That's not true. Anyway, I wouldn't worry about missing part of my gift. There's always the other parts." "Yeah, but I'll be giving it to you before the kids get here. It's just for you." "I wonder what it could be." "It's not what you think it is. Don't be dirty."

Kurapika laughed. He continued to read with a smile on his face.