Wedding

For visuals look at the picture above⬆️
I also really don't know how to write weddings so... Sorry if it's bad. I found the vows and crap online.

Kurapika took a deep breath. Today was the day, he was getting married. He had spent the night at Melody's house and now it was the day. January 10th. Not the planned date but it happened. And it was here now. Kurapika felt sick. Pre-wedding jitters. What if he just ran away? No, that would break Leorio's heart. And he already spent so much money. Money he didn't have.

But Kurapika wasn't prepared, well he was now. Just not then. When they changed the date, he was panicked. It seemed like a good idea at the time, but was it? Kurapika didn't know if he wanted a suit or a dress or something in between. He didn't know if he wanted to hold a bouquet. He would be walking down the isle, so was he technically a bride? Or was he a groom as well? Did Melody count as a bridesmaid? He had no concept of weddings. Especially gay weddings.

On top of that, most of Leorio's family was going to be there. Kurapika had only met some of them once. Rosa, Victoria, Victoria's girlfriend, Fiona, and his dad Diego. God Kurapika hoped Diego wouldn't be there. But if he wasn't it would feel like something was missing. Though they didn't have a rehearsal dinner. Maybe it was just that.

"Kurapika," Melody called. "You need to get ready!" Kurapika stood. Yeah right, he did. "Um... Could you maybe help me with one or two things," he called back. He could hear Melody giggle. "No need to be so loud," she responded. "And of course I'll help you. Just get showered. And get your suit-dress whatever it is on!" Honestly, Kurapika didn't know what it was either. All he knew was that it was androgynus. The perfect solution to his problem.

Kurapika stretched and walked into the bathroom. He immediately caught a glimpse of himself in the mirror. Why was he going so slow? His hair was a mess, he had circles under his eyes, and he didn't look alive. Jesus Christ. What was wrong with him today? He was getting married for Christ's sake! Kurapika jumped into the shower.

********

Melody gasped when she saw Kurapika. "Oh my," she said. "You look gorgeous. Are you okay with that term?" Kurapika giggled. "Yes, I am," he replied. "Now can you help me? Maybe a bit of makeup?" Melody enthusiastically nodded and she and her friend rushed to the bathroom.

"Hold still," Melody said. "I'm trying to get this wing even. Don't respond." Kurapika could've shivered as he felt the cool liquid circle his eye. He knew Melody wouldn't be doing the makeup any way Kurapika was used to. But that didn't matter. Melody was good.

Melody pulled back to admire her work. "Okay finished," she said. Kurapika's eyes fluttered open and he turned. He wasn't sure if it was the mirror or not but Kurapika felt like he was glowing. Just a little bit of makeup could go a long way. Blush, eyeliner, mascara, and lipgloss. And he looked amazing. Kurapika smiled. "Wow," he laughed. "This is better than my own." He turned to Melody. "This is a little weird," he said. "Getting ready here. I thought I should at the venue."

Melody didn't look up as she put her makeup away. "Well," she said. "The venue didn't have a place for you to get ready. I'm sure Leorio got ready at your house." Kurapika felt butterflies in his stomach at the mention of Leorio. That was the man that he was going to spend the rest of his life with. And that started today. "Don't act like a high school girl with a crush," Melody commented. "You're getting married." Kurapika nodded. "Right.

"Oh, Melody," Kurapika continued. "I was wondering if you could do one more thing for me." Melody smiled. "Of course I can," she responded. "What is it?" Kurapika blushed. "I was wondering if you could curl the ends of my hair," he said. "My mom used to do it to her hair. So I thought that maybe I couldn't to." Melody smiled. "I will gladly do that," she said. "Let me plug in the curling iron."