Puppies

Prompt: "Where did all these puppies come from?"

"Kurapika," Leorio called. "Where are you?" "Umm, I'm back here," Kurapika's voice rang out from the bedroom. He sounded like he was struggling. Leorio took off his coat and set his briefcase on the couch. "Are you alright," he called. "I'm fine," was the response. Leorio walked down the hall to the bedroom. "I'm coming in," he said as he twisted the doorknob.

When Leorio opened the door he didn't know what to think. There were dogs all around the room. At least eight. They were mostly white some of them black or brown. Kurapika was holding a black and white one and was trying to pick a white one up.

Leorio sighed. "Where did all these puppies come from," he asked. Kurapika looked at him and smiled. "Hi, Leorio," he said. "Welcome home. How was work?" "Answer my question." Kurapika sighed and scratched the head of the dog he was holding. "The street," he replied. "They were in a box outside of the library. I ignored them but when I looked out the window twenty minutes later, I decided I wanted them. I checked out a book about dogs and grabbed the box." He sat on the bed where a black dog was sleeping.

"What breed are they," Leorio asked, picking one up. Kurapika averted his eyes. "They're pitbull puppies," he responded. "And before you say anything. Pitbulls are really sweet and look how cute the puppies are." He held one up and it began to wag his tail. Kurapika giggled.

Leorio sighed. "Okay," he said. "You can keep one. But the rest have to go." Kurapika frowned. "But I already named them all," he said. Leorio sighed. "One." Kurapika looked around the room. "I want this one," he lifted up the puppy in his arms. It was the smallest of the bunch and seemed to be the most energetic too. Leorio smiled. "Alright," he replied. "What is that ones name?" "Max," he replied with a smile. "Unless you want to change it."

Leorio smiled. "It suits him," he said. "Now we need to sell the rest of these." Kurapika frowned again. "To who," he asked. Leorio shrugged. "I'm not exactly sure," he replied. "But I'm sure Gon will take one. Or two." Kurapika smiled, "Maybe Killua? He has that huge dog and I think his dad has a dog too."

A/N: Sorry for it being short but there will be a part two!