At the Mall

Prompts: Shopping together and spoiling one another

(A/N: Sorry for not updating sooner. To make up for it this will be a long oneshot. The mall is slightly based on the mall I go to. And I'm feeling in a soft/baby/bratty Kurapika mood.)

Kurapika giggled happily as he jumped into the passenger's seat. He was happy to go shopping with Leorio. Really happy. He had never shopped as a couple. It might be as if he were shopping with a friend or it could be different.

Leorio sat in the driver's seat and glanced at Kurapika. He was excited, it was obvious. He was trying to stay still but was moving very quickly. Leorio smiled making sure Kurapika wouldn't see.

Leorio knew what he was going to do today. He had just gotten paid. It was a rather large amount of money. He had already paid off the bills and bought whatever food he and Kurapika would need. So now it was time to spend it on something else. Something unnecessary but necessary. So why not take Kurapika shopping? It was his day to be spoiled.

Leorio started the car up, Kurapika's smile getting wider. He was so happy, his eyes were lit up. Leorio wanted to get to the store quickly. He began to drive.

Kurapika looked out the window watching the cars drive by. He wondered where they were going and what the people inside were talking about. Or were they just sitting in silence like he and Leorio were? That's when Kurapika realized that he hadn't been talking to his boyfriend. He turned to him, wanting to strike up some conversation.

"So," Kurapika said excitedly. "What kind of stores are in the mall?"

Leorio glanced at him, still trying to keep his eyes on the road. "Well," he said. "There's a lot of clothing shopping, jewelry, at least one pet store, and more."

Kurapika smiled. "Any book stores," he asked.

Leorio nodded. "Yeah," he said. "There's a lot of different stores."

Kurapika folded his hand in his lap, slightly bouncing. He needed to calm down.

"Kurapika," Leorio said.

Kurapika looked over at Leorio. "Hm," he asked. "Your eyes," Leorio said.

Kurapika looked in the mirror and groaned. His eyes were scarlet. He seriously needed to calm down. When was the last time he went shopping with someone? Oh yeah, years ago with Pairo. Kurapika was pretty excited then and he tried to recall what he did to calm himself. Remembering he closed his eyes and took a deep breath. He looked at Leorio. "Better," he asked. Leorio nodded.

Kurapika opened the glove box. He would put some contacts in. Just in case. Kurapika put in his black contacts in the mirror and sighed. He didn't enjoy the contacts. Leorio brought it up once about how he missed seeing Kurapika's blue eyes. Since then he had stopped wearing the contacts unless he really needed it. Right now he believed he did.

Minutes later Leorio pulled into the parking lot of the mall. He was on the food court side since it was lunchtime. Kurapika looked at Leorio and smiled earning a kiss on the tip of his nose. He giggled and climbed out of the car.

When Leorio got out of the car he walked over to Kurapika and held onto his hand. "Let's go eat first," he said. "Are you getting hungry?" Kurapika nodded.

Leorio walked into the food court. Kurapika's eyes widened. He had never been anywhere like this before. There were so many different places to buy food. He looked up at Leorio who smiled at him.

"What do you want," Leorio asked.

Kurapika looked around. "I don't know," he said.

Leorio looked around too. "We can get something from there," he said. "It has cultural food."