Vol. 4 CH. 2 - Oceanus, the kingdom at the sea

PART #1

It was an object that even Kyoushiro's appraisal skill couldn't read. That was the first time he had experienced such thing in this world. Such thing only made him worry.

"My Appraisal skill doesn't work on it.... Just what is that?"

"As I suspected. Even our greatest Elven Alchemists couldn't know what this object is with their own Appraisal skills. All I could say is that, it is very ancient"

The crystal ball was of the size of a bowling ball. Inside was a beating heart surrounded by a blue liquid, creating an Illusion of being underwear. It's origins stretch's back before the emergence of the 5th Demon Lord up to the rest.

Even the smartest and skilled Alchemists in Paracellumn couldn't know what it was and what it was made of.

"We have already asked Rizandra-sama to do an extensive research upon this object in order to discover it's secret and what's it is used for. Sadly, the events of days prior have messed up our plans and this was delayed"

Queen Elfianna sighs as what was about only a short trip was prolonged. It wasn't intended by anyone, but thanks to Pernicious had gone and did, they were unable to deliver the blue orb to Oceanus in time.

Although, in speaking of time, they could have sent it before but with all the monster rampage across the continent were going on, it was hard to deliver such precious object without it getting damaged.

Kyoushiro took one deep breath and leaned back on his seat. It seems that, to him, this was another headache he had to consider. It would be a pain rejecting the favor after all he had done for the last few days so Kyoushiro ended up deliberating in himself whether he'd agreed on doing it.

"I can take it with me but I can't use any of my ships right now. Most of them are under repairs and redevelopment so it'll take a while before I can take one out. Making one would seriously take a long time so I'll be borrowing yours during this trip"

Kyoushiro was talking about Phirous. The Magic Airship made by the elves' themselves. Kyoushiro had already taken the liberty of altering it's mechanical and magic components so it would be faster than before. Just that, it has a weak structure since it was made of wood and few steel inside.

"I do not mind. Also, I would like to provide you an escort for the entirety of the trip. Rosemary-sama, volunteered herself"

The female elf Knight, Elyria Rosemary. A woman with blonde hair tied to a ponytail. She has blue eyes and a sharp nose. She looks young for an elf around 150 years of age. Kyoushiro was making a disappointed looking face when Elyria stepped up to the front.

"Elyria Rosemary. In order to pay back my transgressions against the Black Hero, Kyoushiro Kagami-sama, I volunteered to be your escort"

"......"

Should I be happy with this?– Kyoushiro tilted his head for a moment, thinking that having a beautiful woman on a trip would at least enjoyable. But well, considering that this was the woman that caused him problems throughout the whole ordeal just a few days ago, Kyoushiro hesitated in accepting her as an escort.

Moreover.....

"What is it? Kagami-sama?"

Why the hell is she smiling at me for?– Kyoushiro recalled being treated like a criminal by Elyria. Thinking about that, it was weird seeing her smiling at him like some salesclerk. It was giving him goosebumps for some reason.

This time, Kyoushiro glanced at Koizumi. Kyoushiro recalled how he said what happened earlier was that elven women were fans of his. It was rather of off thinking about that.