Vol. 2 Ch. 7 - Resuming the search

Vol. 2 Ch. 7 – Resuming the search

PART # 1

As soon as the hood fell off, silky dark hair and her long pointy ears was exposed. Her dark colored eyes shimmered with innocence as she looked at the people that were staring at her agape mouths. For the moment that seemed that gone forever, the first one to act as the one in front, a man that sat behind Kyoushiro with shaggy brown hair and sharp eyes pointed his finger at the little girl and freaked out.

"A-A Demon Spawn!!!"

The moment those words came and registered into everyone's mind, every suddenly jumped back and pulled out their weapons; instantly, the whole pub was filled with armed men and some women.

"This looks bad" Kyoushiro thought as he stood right in front of Edsel and Dahlia, preventing anyone that could see them. Seeing as he done that in front of everyone else, the shaggy haired man glared at him and threatened to kill him if he were to stand in his way.

"This isn't a good place to cause a fight, better put down those weapons before somebody gets hurt"

"You damn prick!? You're siding with those cursed race!?"

"You're human aren't you?! Why side with them!?" Such complaints went flying everywhere as Kyoushiro stood to protect the mother and child.

Knowing the person protecting a cursed child was a human, it was natural for them to hesitate to kill him. Naturally, if they did kill him on the spot, no one would complain since he was protecting a Demon Spawn child and her mother. Of course they could do that but for whatever reason it was, they couldn't move a single muscle after what Kyoushiro had said. Even the bartender who was kind enough to let him stay was frozen stiff from where he stood.

If things went as Kyoushiro said, everyone would be swimming in their pool of their own blood. Numbers has an advantage against an individual like Kyoushiro both none of them could make a move.

The reason was because of fear...

A dog would bite back if it has it's back against a corner. A dog would definitely fight if it has something to protect. That was normal for everyone else since everyone within the pub had their own dearest treasure. But the young man in front of them felt different.

It was like he would kill if he wants to even without protecting anyone. He would go around massacring everyone in the pub if it meant shutting them up. Something cold and sharp was like piercing through their hearts, telling them that the instant they move would mean their deaths.

Kyoushiro, who had a single sword on his waist, felt sharper than any blade and that he could easily cut them down from where they stood.

Everyone gulped the moment they saw changes on Kyoushiro's expression.

"This is bad but looks like I'd have the opportunity to get some good information around you guys"

Was being surrounded by about thirty or so people considered as something good? No one could make heads or tails of what Kyoushiro meant just now but they were sure that it wasn't something good.

Kyoushiro took a step forward and grabbed the tip of the sword of the shaggy haired man.

"I'm looking for a princess elf... Well, I've overheard you guys talking about it so mind telling me more?"

Bright light suddenly burst from the held sword and came after were cracks appearing on the sword down to its handle, suddenly breaking after Kyoushiro let go. Seeing a full iron sword turned to shards like that made the shaggy haired man turn pale and lose strength on his knees.