Vol. 3 CH. 6 - A savior of tainted black

PART #1

Kuro had been invited in the meeting room. That was, after receiving a call from Niya, that Queen Isabella was asking for help and that she wanted to ask if it was possible for Kuro and his men to help them in their current predicament.

The current meeting room had Kuro present. Alongside the previous members, Mikoto had arrived as well.

"Err.... High Commander Kuro-san, I've already contacted Arianne-sama just in case but I already received a favorable reply. I just want to know what you think about it now"

Mikoto went back to Mordred. That was to get in contact with Arianne and told her about their current situation. The matter of the attack the other night was also relayed so in request for additional support, Arianne was willing to send more troops.

Mikoto then came back to tell Kuro about this but she overhead Niya asking in Mordred to link her [Comms link] to Kuro. After that, she immediately flew back on a tamed wyvern she got from Ambrosia during the battle against the 9th Demon Lord.

"......."

With his eyes closed, Kuro silently breathes out. Then as he opened his eyes, he glanced at the nobles who were currently inside the meeting room.

Kuro was already briefed with the previous discussion so all he needs to do was to decided whether to accept it or not.

"May I ask why you are not going to used your own troops for this? There is also the Adventurer's guild that can help you thin out the monster hoards"

"Unfortunately, we lack enough troops to deploy at the moment. Even relying on the Adventurer's guild in the city, is impossible since as I've said before, most of the high rank adventurers are in the neighboring Dukedom"

Queen Isabella answered back honestly. It was unsure yet whether they might get a favorable response from the Dukedom's Adventurers guild but she didn't like to hope in a response that would either be positive or negative right now.

Gaius hasn't left since, he would like to ask Kuro to drop him off near the rehabilitation facility they made where the commoners abused by Taiga and his party as well as the nobles, were currently staying along with their families. It was still too far from the capital so he would need an airship to arrive there as soon as possible.

Queen Isabella and her consorts were waiting for a positive reply.

"Then, wouldn't asking for the other heroes for help be more easier? After all, they were summoned in this country"

That was indeed more reliable than asking for Kuro and his men for help. After all, this was the country where Kyoushiro was treated like a criminal then thrown away to the wasteland just to let him die there.

There was no need for Kuro to accept such request for help. Even if it was Queen Arianne that ordered him to, Kuro would still refuse as he has such huge respect for Kyoushiro. My enemy is my master's enemy. That's just how loyal Kuro was to Kyoushiro.

"The heroes and the countries that have welcomed them doesn't want to help at all. They did not want their own heroes to risk their lives for this one since monsters are running rampant everywhere"

"Hmph, so those guys are finally showing their true colors. It was right for his Majesty to hate those guys"

Kuro scoffed. He couldn't help it. Those heroes that were summoned in Travestin, were once treated more amicably and warmly than Kyoushiro himself. In exchange for that warm hospitality, Travestin received their ingratitude for refusing their request for help.