Vol. 4 CH. 12 - Natural Order

Vol. 4 CH. 12 — Natural Order

PART #1

The Poison King Akuzdtu and the Serpent Empress Yulka are both similar in one trait. They are both beings that had evolved through means of devouring anything and everything they see as food. Particularly for a slime like the Demon Lord of the urn.

The Poison King Akuzdtu was a name not given by the person himself but rather, the person that first discovered it's existence. Giovanni Akuzdtu. A person of an ancient civilization that pursue the research of monsters. How, where and why they exists, Giovanni Akuzdtu looked into every mystery of the monsters himself.

It wasn't out of curiosity. It was pure dream driven goal that made him research the slime monsters. They are creatures that came in wide variety of types. A normal slime that has no tint of any color and the types of slimes that comes after a normal slime once a normal slime was in a certain type of environment.

For example, a iron slime is a slime that has eaten only iron ores. Once, Giovanni Akuzdtu discovered such specimen trapped in an old iron ore mine where there was hardly anything to eat except for rocks and ores.

As a normal slime's body is semi-liquid, it is able to crawl through cracks as tiny as a keyhole.

There were other types of slimes as well. Sand slimes that was left in the dessert, poison slimes that ate only poisonous herbs and even healing slimes ate herbs meant to be medicines.

In such study, Giovanni Akuzdtu concluded that in certain environments, different monsters will be born. However, in the existence of dungeons, the monsters found in those places are different from the ones on the surface.

In dungeons, monsters are mixed. No matter where dungeon it is, there are lower rank monsters like goblins and kobolds. Even slimes are often found in higher floors of a dungeon. Because of this, it was hard to understand the principles of monster evolution. Some say that the more floors a dungeon has, the more diverse the monsters inside it.

To test how this would work on surface monsters, Giovanni Akuzdtu decided on an experiment. A mere test to see if in a closed environment where different types of slimes are kept, what would be the product inside it?

As for the answer for such question, Giovanni Akuzdtu found out the hard way. Slimes in general had one unique trait that all of them had on common. All had acidic traits that enables them to digest their food easily.

It was this one trait that solved one of Giovanni Akuzdtu's questions. What is the strongest slime that could ever exist?

The answer was the Poison King Akuzdtu, the Demon Lord of the Urn.

Born after devouring it's brethren in one large flask like an urn full of the world's poisonous insects, the Poison King was born.

It's mass increases rapidly compared to other slimes. Furthermore, it failed to recreate it's cell division traits that helps it grow in a normal environment. Instead, it turned into a cancerous cell that grows and multiply on it's own, creating a mass or a body of it's own inside it's own body. It melts and recreate cells within it's slime body until it grew larger and larger.

This released a grotesque figure of a multi-colored slime with bits of chunks of flesh floating in it's own body. The Blood Slimes that came from Giovanni Akuzdtu's research where he used his own blood to turn a normal slime into a blood slime, was one of the reasons why orifices are since forming and melting on the Demon Lord.

This was the same Demon Lord that ended an entire advance civilization where magic artifacts were comparable to Earth's advance technology.

In face of an ever growing monster that rinse and repeat the process of creation and destruction inside it's own body, such ancient people perished merely in days after the test subject, the Demon Lord of the Urn, escaped from Giovanni Akuzdtu's research facility.