Vol. 2 CH. 2 - Caladium

Vol. 2 CH. 2 – Caladium

PART #1

Caladium, in a word, it's beautiful. From the tall fruit bearing trees to the colorful flower fields spread across the land, everything was just breathtaking. The air is fresh and scent of flowers mixing in the breeze makes one want to lie down and rest.

Once the airship landed the first thing I saw were amazingly beautiful people. Almost all of the residents were elves but despite living in a forest, they look all flawless. Elfianna was one thing and the elves in the airship were good looking too but... are all elves this effortlessly gorgeous? I'm jealous; give me some of that beauty to damn it...

From what I've learned while talking to the annoying Koizumi is that elves were well-known in this world as "Near-Divine beings" it seems that because of their long lives and amazingly attractive features that they were related to holy beings. I don't really get how that works but Koizumi said that elves were just looked upon like that.

Seriously, that guy knows too well about this world. Was he once a part of this world? Nah that reincarnation stuff are just for Egyptians, like old pharaohs buried in tombs underneath the sands of Egypt believing in the afterlife.

Moving on; once we landed, Elfianna lead all of us heroes to the house of Caladium's governor or something. The name of elves bites the tongue when you say it so I don't remember the name. Anyways, Elfianna rode on a fancy carriage while we heroes rode on horses.

The knights followed behind us on foot. Since they wore leather armors, their pace were almost the same as ours. That's really impressive; I think that I need to know what kind of training they go through everyday so that I can make my army run through them as well.

Hmm? Spartan like? I don't care what you guys think but those guys just shouldn't rely on the weapons and weapon I've given them.

"Hey... I've been getting the feeling that I'm not welcome in this place"

"Why do you say that?"

Koizumi you bastard... This guy is seriously not seeing the fact that I'm being glared at here? I'm already seeing for myself but the people of this world do hate the color black huh? The "Demon-Spawn" bit has already worn off from my own brain since I've spent too much time in Ambrosia. That place was the center of the black color community. Because of that I didn't thought too much of how I look like on the outside.

Now that I've left that place, I guess all people of this world does hate people like me. The elven town folks have been glaring at me every time I pass through a crowded street. Although the entire town is being encircled by a large forest, it's a place that looks normally like a town.

The common troupe of "Elves lives in trees" seems to be just a baseless rumor.

"Are your eyes rotten? Look, I've been receiving these glares ever since we left the ship. It's funny that neither you nor the two up front doesn't even noticed it"

"Ah... Now that you've mentioned it..."

Koizumi looked around. This guy liked to be considerate considering that he has a terrible gambling habit. I always thought that gamblers are really selfish and self-centered but it looks like Koizumi is different. Well, I still don't trust him though. There are still parts of those guys that I don't get but I guess I can stay quiet in peace behind these guys.

Sairenji is a muscle for brains and Todoroki is well... she still reeks of suspiciousness. Back then the face she always would put on was like a cunning fox that even I can see it but now, I can't even tell what she is thinking. Her relationship with Lucinda and Aizawa makes me feel that her feelings are genuine when it comes to them but...