Vol. 3 CH. 16 - The Hero and the Hero's faithful Knights.....

PART #1

There was a knock on the door when silence continued in the east tower. Kuro just left earlier and have yet to return.

However, upon hearing the mysterious knocks, everyone just thought it was Kuro returning from his task. However, taking the amount of time needed to climb the tower after going to the throne room was that short. Approximately, there should be at least a quarter of an hour to a full hour before Kuro comes back.

It only has been 30 minutes since Kuro left.

Niya, Rea and Lea quickly prepared themselves in case the person was an intruder or just some undead monster accidentally knocking on the door as it wanders aimlessly.

Leticia picked up her sword. The soldiers themselves were alerted, seemingly tense by the endless rounds of fighting.

Queen Isabelle tightly held the hand of her husband while King Verdik stared straight at the door, not missing planning on missing a single movement from it.

Lucinda worriedly stood behind Niya along with Aria, who was still sitting in the corner.

"Niya-sama....."

Lucinda calls out to Niya, worried about the person behind the door.

Niya then replies with a conflicted look on her face as her nose wasn't picking up any scent.

"I don't know your highness..... I can't seem to smell anything behind the door"

It was weird considering for a beastman, their noses works better than a human's. Worried, Niya glanced at the two fox children who already held their poison coated knives in their hands.

At any rate, there's no knowing who's behind it unless we open the door— Niya swallows her nervousness and tells Lucinda not to worry and stand back.

Leticia noticed that Niya was walking close to the door and decided to accompany her as well.

Then as the two reached the door.....

"H-Hello? Is there anybody in here? There seems to be some monsters downstairs and I...."

A voice of a shaken up man came from the other side. The two girls sighed in relief, thinking that the man may have been just another staff of the castle that got lost during the attack.

Then, as the two glances at each other then to the people behind them, they decided to open the door.

"Ah!, Thank you! I'm saved!!"

There, walking inside with a happy smile on his face was a noble. An old looking man in his fifties. His blonde hair that white strands on the side while his facial hair were shaved off, revealing the wrinkled face from working too much.

But no one recognized him until Queen Isabelle herself mumbles....

"Elder.... brother?"

"Isabelle!! I'm so happy that you're alive!!!"

Velasquez Aldus Ernst, the eldest brother of Queen Isabelle, rushed towards her sister with tears of joy flowing from her eyes..... Was what supposed to happen but King Verdik stood right before Velasquez, stopping him from his tracks.

King Verdik glares down on Velasquez, as if not planning to letting the brother-in-law even get near her wife.

"Who are you?"

King Verdik asked tauntingly.

"There's no way Velasquez would even be happy seeing her sister's face"