Vol. 3 CH. 12 - Preparations

PART #1

"Those things just pops up and disappear don't they?"

"Don't mind them, they're just doing their jobs"

The soldiers at the towers surrounding the castle yawned as they watched another Magic Iron Golem appear and disappear. This has been a daily occurs ever since Queen Isabelle first woke up. Because of that, most of the guards and soldiers stationed around the castle was used to seeing them.

"Hmm.... Oh right, I've heard that the hero is getting kicked out of the kingdom"

"That again? It's only been a day you know?"

"I know but still...."

The two were friends since forever. They both joined the army at the same time and had the same work for almost four years now. Them having this conversation wasn't much any difference to other days they spent working together.

"He's getting what he deserved"

"But wouldn't it be bad though?"

"About what?"

"The wrath of the gods? We're practically chasing away a hero you know?"

"Does it really matter? It was the same when that other hero got kicked out though?"

"But still....."

The sun was high and like any other day, there was nothing but peace and quiet. The tower they were in was cool so it was perfect for a midday rest.

However, another Magic Iron Knight appeared and disappeared once more. This time, it was around the Princess Lucinda's window.

"Another one.... How many does it make?"

"15? That's about it I think?"

"You were keeping count?"

"Shut up, I was bored"

Like that, the two unknowingly spend another day watching around the tower while having a meaningless conversation with one another......

———

"Hmm? Mikoto-sama, is something wrong?"

Nero appeared right around the corner when Mikoto and Inomiri-sensei were on their way to a vacant room. However, Inormiri-sensei was having some kind of breakdown and was hyperventilating.

"Nero-san...."

"Ugh....agh.....hah...."

"I'll help you guys out. Lead the way"

Nero decided to carry Inomiri-sensei. As the lady was losing color on her face, if wasn't good to have her stay in a corner of a hallway. Mikoto then lead them to a vacant room with enough space to breath in. The windows were open and fresh air was entering the room quite cooly it seems.

Imce inside, Nero placed down Inomiri-sensei on a couch and took a step back.

Mikoto then went to Inomiri-sensei's side and care for her.

"What happened?"

"I don't know. She just froze up all of a sudden when Taiga-kun snapped"

Mikoto recalled what happened in the throne room. Taiga went wild after being refused to let out. He then kept spouting things he wouldn't say to others and acted more aggressively than before. It was like he was a whole other person.