Vol. 2 CH.11 - The skill <Evolution> PART #1

Vol. 2 CH.11 – The skill <Evolution>

PART #1

Elyria left Kyoushiro to his own devices for now in order to rescue Lydia and the other elf knights that were probably taken away. Although the probability was low, Elyria still believed that her own squad was still alive.

After all, they were already like family.

"It is a good thing that he can be used as a distraction but somehow I feel bad leaving him back there"

Elyria was a bit anxious. Kyoushiro wasn't really someone she could call a comrade but as a person, her own conscience was eating her away.

Was it truly fine to leave a lone man back there against an army of monsters without even back up? This world doesn't have any powerful medium to send long distance messages to allies. In short, in this predicament, they were on their own.

Kyoushiro may be strong but his strength was limited in tools in his possession. Furthermore, his opponent was a giant of a former mercenary group commander. A lone man wouldn't stand against a force like that.

"I'll just make sure to take her highness out as soon as possible then get back. If the others are here and still alive, I hope they still have the strength to fight or run" Elyria thought as she passed through a passage way that could fit a human.

It was this was where Elyria could walk undetected. Moreover, it was underneath where Kyoushiro was fighting. Elyria discovered it when she snuck out behind enemy lines, searching for any signs of her comrades or any of the kidnapped people from other races were being held.

"This was the only sizable route that Ernest Vern's army of monsters can't possible go in.

"Ugh... What a foul smell..."

Elyria frowned from the awful odor coming from the end of the passageway. It was like rotten fish and swamp mud molded together. Elyria tried her best to remove the stench going to her nose using a bit of her wind magic.

Then, as she neared the end, she saw countless cages on top of each other reaching a ceiling far higher compared to the passage she just used.

There she saw countless bodies on the ground, placed on top of another with white viscous liquid over them.

"Urk-!?"

Elyria nearly vomits on site.

It was an expected reaction. Even from where the sounds of fighting right now were the place hills of corpses laid waste. Kyoushiro was currently having a fight to the death with Ernest Vern's army there so those corpses would be already turned to squashed meat.

In any case, this place was not suited for storing captive women.

"Damn it, those men are really vile in nature... I wish the others are alright"

Elyria could only hope for the best after seeing such place. After looking around the whole cage heap, Elyria went upward. The ceiling was opened so it was easy for Elyria to climb up using the protruding rocks on the wall.

-

The ceiling lead Elyria to a more spacious room, the ceiling and the floor was too far apart from each other and a large stone thrown was built right next the hole Elyria climbed out.

The room was empty and there were no signs of any leftover monsters around. Ernest Vern might have thought that no one would even think of someone finding this place. He was that cocky after obtaining a power so mighty that he stood equal to a newly born demon lord.